27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

its not his fault he is not good enough for City but lot blame for Txiki. did we really need Nunes? some of his game time (that few hundred minutes of PL football he got) could have been shared between Bobb, Lewis and any other random youth player.

says it all that his only 5/6 starts in PL all were against lower table sides. Luton, Forest, Burnley, Everton, Bournemouth etc basically buttom 6 teams only. thats the trust he has from Pep.

about 3 minutes total in CL vs against the two decent or better sides we faced Leipzig and Real.

Nunes, Phillips almost combined fee of 100m and selling Palmer for 40m. in hindsight all look piss poor business. could have made the team much stronger for all this money but we did the opposite.
Txiki needs to go back to the basics, and think of improving first 11 because thats why Arsenal can challenge us this season as they went out and improved first 11 by Rice, Havertz, Raya...
and they havent even lost important players like we did.

wish they got Kovacic, Nunes, Phillips, they would be nowhere near us, Rice alone does more of them than this trio of midfielder will do for us.

we need to be clever in transfer window, making less and less costly mistakes which eventually turns into points and games lost.

its not his fault he is not good enough for City but lot blame for Txiki. did we really need Nunes? some of his game time (that few hundred minutes of PL football he got) could have been shared between Bobb, Lewis and any other random youth player.

says it all that his only 5/6 starts in PL all were against lower table sides. Luton, Forest, Burnley, Everton, Bournemouth etc basically buttom 6 teams only. thats the trust he has from Pep.

about 3 minutes total in CL vs against the two decent or better sides we faced Leipzig and Real.

Nunes, Phillips almost combined fee of 100m and selling Palmer for 40m. in hindsight all look piss poor business. could have made the team much stronger for all this money but we did the opposite.
Txiki needs to go back to the basics, and think of improving first 11 because thats why Arsenal can challenge us this season as they went out and improved first 11 by Rice, Havertz, Raya...
and they havent even lost important players like we did.

wish they got Kovacic, Nunes, Phillips, they would be nowhere near us, Rice alone does more of them than this trio of midfielder will do for us.

we need to be clever in transfer window, making less and less costly mistakes which eventually turns into points and games lost.
I’m just curious - not being confrontational - who you would have bought if you had the €180m City spent. So instead of the four players we brought in, who would you have chosen that could have come in directly to the starting IX? Let’s exclude Rice and Bellingham, because I don’t think they wanted to come (I know others disagree, but for the sake of the exercise). I ask this because I see everyone bemoaning the window, but I still feel like there wasn’t a lot available at the level we desired?

Very good on the half turn and then has the physicality to run away from players - clearly has a lot of talent, it’s just about finding the right role for him in this team which Pep will find for him eventually

Great cameo. He's got the raw ability, and anyone not seeing it is frankly blind. Whether he can become a City-type player is another question, although I think he can and he will. Just wait and see.
Yes, that's exactly right. I see him as being a bit of a Jovetic - a perfectly good player in his own right but one that didn't quite fit what we were trying to do.

I get it that people have doubts. That is an understandable position to take on the evidence thus far. But some people have been so scathing that I can only assume that they are willing for him to fail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.