Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Yes we would

All clubs have their morons who should be called out and banned. The thing is, Liverpool fans behaviour crops up again and again, more than any other clubs fans.

The point of my post was to point out that nobody called for a ban for those who targeted Pickford.
Was it a well-publicised incident? Cos I hadn't heard about it. I asked my hubby and he said he hadn't but they should be banned, whoever the fans were.

That’s an easy get out. They buy the shirts & go the games & as soon as they do anything wrong you say they aren’t real fans. Others would say they are part of the fabric & maybe just maybe there’s something wrong with the culture of that club.
It's not really an easy get out. Ever heard the phrase "don't tar all with the same brush."? Do we ourselves know every single person who comes to the Etihad and puts on our shirt and cheers our team? No, we don't. They could be rapists, murderers, anything. We don't know. They probably are.

My point is, there ARE a large portion of Liverpool fans who likely behave disgustingly. It's been proven. But there will also be an even larger portion that would hear about such behaviour and be horrified because FFS they're just regular people who go the fucking game on a Saturday, do you know what I mean? Same as us.

My point is, there ARE a large portion of Liverpool fans who likely behave disgustingly. It's been proven. But there will also be an even larger portion that would hear about such behaviour and be horrified because FFS they're just regular people who go the fucking game on a Saturday, do you know what I mean? Same as us.
There’s no doubt there are, and I have several match going Liverpool mates who are decent people, but they unquestionably as a fan base are far less disposed to calling out wrong uns in their midst than other clubs. There are several cultural reasons for this. For example: ingrained habit of not grassing under any circumstances; out of towners frequently being intimidated by scouse fans, especially at away games; absence of criticism for reprehensible behaviour in the press.

All these things mean Liverpool fans are less self policed than any other group of supporters. I’m certain that if a City, United or Arsenal threw a bag of coins at opposition fans during a game, from the away end, that seriously injured a teenage girl in the home end, someone among them would identify and report them. No way is every **** in the away end not seeing that. Again and again we see this type of behaviour with no consequences whatsoever for the perpetrators, and the biggest factor in that is the fear amongst decent supporters of doing something about it.

Are you suggesting that culture is just as bad at other clubs?

We are told that it is a minority of their "fans" that exhibit the behaviour that has been discussed on here yet on the rare occasions when they get to a final nearly every one of them boos their national anthem. A large majority tun with this scouse not English bullshit. Very strange!!

We are told that it is a minority of their "fans" that exhibit the behaviour that has been discussed on here yet on the rare occasions when they get to a final nearly every one of them boos their national anthem. A large majority tun with this scouse not English bullshit. Very strange!!
We hear again and again that Littlewoods fans have attacked a shop or street vendor and stolen all the wares on offer.

There’s no doubt there are, and I have several match going Liverpool mates who are decent people, but they unquestionably as a fan base are far less disposed to calling out wrong uns in their midst than other clubs. There are several cultural reasons for this. For example: ingrained habit of not grassing under any circumstances; out of towners frequently being intimidated by scouse fans, especially at away games; absence of criticism for reprehensible behaviour in the press.

All these things mean Liverpool fans are less self policed than any other group of supporters. I’m certain that if a City, United or Arsenal threw a bag of coins at opposition fans during a game, from the away end, that seriously injured a teenage girl in the home end, someone among them would identify and report them. No way is every **** in the away end not seeing that. Again and again we see this type of behaviour with no consequences whatsoever for the perpetrators, and the biggest factor in that is the fear amongst decent supporters of doing something about it.

Are you suggesting that culture is just as bad at other clubs?

That was exactly my point, thanks GDM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.