rewind:robinho

Hughes runied him! mom against Blackburn and Wolves then dropped the next game... it would have been a joy to watch him and Silva link up with Aguero *wanks*

I must have been watching a different player to what most on here were watching. Some players are always going to get labelled as lazy so no matter what they do, as soon as things go wrong, they will get labelled as lazy.

Infact, Adebayor had the same problem. IMO, their work-rate is fine. No different from most other forwards.

Infact there's been several times when i've watched everyone's favourite (at the time) workhorse - Tevez, just amble around the pitch, and i'd think to myself, 'If that was Robinho, everyone would be going mental.'

The reason Robinho left was because he wasn't playing, because he couldn't find his form after being injured. The reason Adebayor left was because he fell out with Mancini. Both good players, who would improve our squad, especially considering the amount of games we've got. Would have them both back in a heartbeat.

Mark Hughes said it in an interview a while after he was sacked (don't quote me on this, but) when he was asked about Robinho and his response was something like "right player at the wrong time".

I'd agree with him, the system we play in now and the players we have are suited for him and I think the teams work ethic would bring the best out of him, or at least I'd like to think it would. He's a great player, a world beater at times and I do miss him but there's a lot about him I don't miss...

blue jim said:
All of our current attacking players play for the team and work their bollocks off like against Arsenal. Even Balotelli is playing for the team now.

Robinho only played for himself and it would be a disgrace to still have him in this team, when you have far more talented and potent players like Silva and Aguero working their bollocks off, Robinho shouldn't be allowed near them.

Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero, Silva, (too early for Nasri), Johnson, Barry, Milner, all work for the team and each other, Robinho isnt even as good as half of that list. He missed some serious sitters and not for lack of trying. Even Tevez worked for the team before he became a **** overnight

Are you honestly sayin AJ is better than Robinho?

He was a present to the fans from the Sheik, but sadly a liability, and in my opinion, his constant inclusion in the team - presumably on instructions from the 'board' - undermined Hughes from the outset.
It was very unfair on Hughes - he could have lost many more home games without Robinho and undermined us even more quickly, if only he'd been left to his own devices. All those matches we drew at home, from winning positions, could have been lost, if it hadn't have been for Robinho.
Come back Sparky; all is forgiven. We need you. It's no fun all this winning malarkey.

Kun Aguero said:
blue jim said:
All of our current attacking players play for the team and work their bollocks off like against Arsenal. Even Balotelli is playing for the team now.

Robinho only played for himself and it would be a disgrace to still have him in this team, when you have far more talented and potent players like Silva and Aguero working their bollocks off, Robinho shouldn't be allowed near them.

Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero, Silva, (too early for Nasri), Johnson, Barry, Milner, all work for the team and each other, Robinho isnt even as good as half of that list. He missed some serious sitters and not for lack of trying. Even Tevez worked for the team before he became a **** overnight

Are you honestly sayin AJ is better than Robinho?
Honestly, yes. AJ in form is nothing to sneeze at and he works a lot harder than Robinho does. He's the only true out and out winger in our squad and brings a lot more to our team than Robinho would in this current squad hence one is here and the other is in Milan.

And AJ can do those fancy step overs too.

ono said:
I must have been watching a different player to what most on here were watching. Some players are always going to get labelled as lazy so no matter what they do, as soon as things go wrong, they will get labelled as lazy.

Infact, Adebayor had the same problem. IMO, their work-rate is fine. No different from most other forwards.

Infact there's been several times when i've watched everyone's favourite (at the time) workhorse - Tevez, just amble around the pitch, and i'd think to myself, 'If that was Robinho, everyone would be going mental.'

The reason Robinho left was because he wasn't playing, because he couldn't find his form after being injured. The reason Adebayor left was because he fell out with Mancini. Both good players, who would improve our squad, especially considering the amount of games we've got. Would have them both back in a heartbeat.

Adebayor admitted he stopped running for the team because the manager upset him - the big lazy pansy

To be fair to Robinho along with Elano were trashed by Hughes ineptness and managing world class players .

Would have loved to have seen both of them under Bobby really think that they could have made a bigger impact than they did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.