Savic

Re: Savic, gonna be world class!

Gingers Dad said:
Thought Savic was really poor in his recent run of games and his other game at QPR. In all these games he played alongside Lescott an not Kompany. I wonder if things might have been different if he'd played with Kompany. I like Lescott, especially when he is in a good partnership like with Kompany or Jagielka, but he's a stopper not a leader. Kompany may have organised Savic a lot better.

agree with this^^
kompany would talk him through games a lot more as well as being able to do his own job lescott has to concentrate on his own game more than kompany

so for me we shouldn't judge him to harshly til he gets a few games with kompany under his belt

collie41 said:
Savic has been getting loads of stick in recent weeks, but IMO a little harshly, Bobby bought him as a work in progress, and i can honestly see why. The kid has everything(except experience) pace, tackle, heading, bravery and he can bring the ball out and play, he's been thrown in at the deep end and while some players thrive on that he's made a few mistakes, most of them have been covered by Hart or Lescott but some have cost us. Lets just remember he is young and could be a city legend, i know we can buy the best but i feel he can get to the top with city!

A work in progress who has 2 seasons behind him, was captain of his team last year and plays for his national side.
Again i have said this many times he is 21 not a 17yr old kid. You can see he is miles behind other defenders of his age. He is shit, its a unfortunate reality but he is not good enough. OP how can you manage to see this stuff in between him shitting himself, passing to the opposistion again and again and being out jumped by people who are smaller than him for headers, also diving into tackles that are completly mis timed and being skinned, being skinned when he stays on his feet and generally looking like he would struggle to play with my mates down the park

Heaven forbid someone play a few bad games for City. Grab Savic & shoot him in the fucking face pronto!!!! The lads got the ability to be a top player, world class? Who knows, but we aren't exactly helping him by stringing him up to dry on every form of media & social sites!!! Maybe, just maybe if we back him & support him he might improve quicker. A big blue hug can work wonders for anyone.

Maybe he needs to go out on loan all next season. That way he'd get much needed game time.

collie41 said:
Savic has been getting loads of stick in recent weeks, but IMO a little harshly, Bobby bought him as a work in progress, and i can honestly see why. The kid has everything(except experience) pace, tackle, heading, bravery and he can bring the ball out and play, he's been thrown in at the deep end and while some players thrive on that he's made a few mistakes, most of them have been covered by Hart or Lescott but some have cost us. Lets just remember he is young and could be a city legend, i know we can buy the best but i feel he can get to the top with city!

Gonna be world class may be stretching it, but the lad is obviously a talent and should be nurtured. Vinnie didn't exactly rip up trees in his first few games and, for those old enough to remember, Joe Corrigan was hardly a crowd favourite when he first came into the first team and he went on to do more than ok!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
collie41 said:

A work in progress who has 2 seasons behind him, was captain of his team last year and plays for his national side.
Again i have said this many times he is 21 not a 17yr old kid. You can see he is miles behind other defenders of his age. He is shit, its a unfortunate reality but he is not good enough. OP how can you manage to see this stuff in between him shitting himself, passing to the opposistion again and again and being out jumped by people who are smaller than him for headers, also diving into tackles that are completly mis timed and being skinned, being skinned when he stays on his feet and generally looking like he would struggle to play with my mates down the park

Amen. End of story.

Savic is out of his depth at City. Why do people always say young players will 'come good'. What a load of bollocks, he's 21 and if he's going to be as good as people say he is, he would be now, not in 2 or 3 seasons. Was Peter Barnes shit at aged 20? Was Rooney, was the likes of Gary Owen etc etc? No, they were good players as soon as the burst on to the scene. Just because players are young, we think they HAVE to get better - it just doesn't always happen. Savic is a mistaken purchase, a mis judgement that's all - the kind of mis-judgement that Ferguson has made on numerous occassions with his signings. This guy Savic isn't as good as Bobby thought he was - it's that simple. The best of managers make errors of judgement, so let's just accept it rather than waiting for him to 'come good' because we can't afford to take those risks if we want to win the league.

pauljv92 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
pauljv92 said:
Yeah mate, we know. I totally agree with what the OP here states about savic. He played very well in the bayern game and his touch and passing were excellent. He just need to bulk up and improve his control of balls coming in in the air. It is apparent that he has minimal experience of those kind of deliveries and he does not know what to expect or do because he doesnt want to make a mistake. He needs to be loaned to a PL club to learn and improve on that area especially. He is quality though, no doubt.

-- Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:09 pm --

I disagree completely mate. You are generalizing way too much. How did he do so well as a fullback against Bayern? his positioning, his touch and his interception were top class. However, he has faced alot of problem with deliverys coming into him from the air with pressure from an attacker. That has been the only major problem. Thats what many of the teams have tried to take advantage of, especially liverpool against us at anfield. i dont think long passes into the box are used as much as they are in the EPL and thats why PL experience to deal with those kind of deliveries will help. He just needs to improve on his aerial control. Composure for defenders comes from an understanding of how to deal with tricky situations or deliveries and this is what he has to learn.

Bayern are not in the Prem League as far as I know. Comparing apples/banana's syndrome. The boy cannot hack it here where EVERY week he's playing in a couldron of passion and scrutiny. Its either in you or its not. Star mentality/strength is something you're born with.
He may be technically proficient (debatable, and certainly not world class) but if his bottle goes then that counts for nought.....................

No what Im trying to say is that, that bayern team which played did not pumped long balls into the CBs like how so many PL teams (especially in the case of Liverpool and QPR) do. Olic in that game worked incredible hard and pressured the back four and so did the others because they were just having the odd game and wanted to prove a point to the manager. It was an intense game but he defended very well that game, because as a right back, he did not need to deal with all those aerial deliveries which he has yet to become comfortable with. As I mentioned earlier, mental strength for CBs come from an understanding of the game and of familiarity of a particular situation so that they can anticipate and break up play. He just needs that experience to be able to get that mental strength and sure he will be immense for us.

No, he wont.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.