Points Whores

jimbo101 said:
Why, if you were guaranteed a ticket, are you 'paying over the odds' for flights?
What stopped you booking them earlier?

As for the points system in general, it's far from perfect, but is the least imperfect system to have.

Said in jest, with a slight hint of truth, but more cheek than truth, I'd say about 90/10 in favour of cheek, maybe slightly less I haven't decided on the correct percentage yet.

allan harper said:
whitt said:
Pretty gutting knowing that some chancer - possibly not even a season ticket holder or paying for the privilege to be on the cup scheme will now be stood in with the rest of the blues while I'm going to have to either try and get in the home section or watch in a bar in Madrid after it selling out a day after I should have been eligible. Fucking typical.

It's gutting knowing that people who managed to book cheap flights haven't got a match ticket, yet those of us who were guaranteed a ticket had to pay over the odds for flights !

Sorry about that.

whitt said:
allan harper said:
whitt said:
Pretty gutting knowing that some chancer - possibly not even a season ticket holder or paying for the privilege to be on the cup scheme will now be stood in with the rest of the blues while I'm going to have to either try and get in the home section or watch in a bar in Madrid after it selling out a day after I should have been eligible. Fucking typical.

It's gutting knowing that people who managed to book cheap flights haven't got a match ticket, yet those of us who were guaranteed a ticket had to pay over the odds for flights !

Sorry about that.

Only joking, get on the Real Madrid Web Site tickets available for their end

allan harper said:
whitt said:

This.

Where were you all at aalborg, santander etc...

Lee-ManCity said:
allan harper said:
whitt said:

This.

I was probably eating dry pasta whilst living in an 8 bed student house.

whitt said:
Lee-ManCity said:
allan harper said:
This.

I was probably eating dry pasta whilst living in an 8 bed student house.

only 8 beds and dry pasta sounds like luxury

Lee-ManCity said:
allan harper said:
whitt said:

This.

I was at Aalborg. And Groclin. And Timisoara. And many others.
And I have NEVER waited for ticket confirmation before booking flights.
Always believe I will get a ticket & see the game. Always have.

edtheblue said:
de niro said:
To be fair the moaners haven't got a leg to stand on. Tickets were there to be had, if they didn't go that was up to them. No good moaning now we are doing well .

When we moved to the new stadium I had to start again as I gave my season ticket up previously as I bought a business,I had to use bluemooners to help me out. now me wife and Jess all have 10,000 points, that's a lot of games, a lot of heartache and an awful lot of money we've put in.

And now some fans moan at their plight or the system.

I think we've earned first dibs to be honest .
Great point de nero,I've had a season season ticket since 1977 so like lots on here have put the miles in,I have managed to get above the 9500 barrier this season & do sometimes get tickets for myself or mates & can't make the game.i know what people mean about taking them back,but it's 50/50 argument,your also helping out fellow blues for no financial gain.i wish there would have been this forum all those years ago when we had to queue all night for derby ticket,or worse still had to go in there end,the old Stratford

end seats & when they was building that concrete monstrosity the north stand we had non so went in the bottom of that stand.lifes all about supply & demand & as long as no ones getting ripped off I ain't got a problem with it.
just because you want to go all the aways now were winning doesn't make you any better fan,im not saying myself or the other thousands who have been going years longer than me are better neither,it's just ways we find to keep going to watch our great club.i can remember going liverpool in the late 70's when we took less than a 1000,times change & so do the way we get our tickets!
See you all in the santiago bernebeu

Fuck me that is loyalty in my eyes me and a mate got there at 2 in the afternoon on the frday and they gave us a raffle ticket it was number 74 i think the deal was the first 100 in the queue got the tickets which went on sale 9 in the morning the next day you were allowed 2 tickets per person fuck me it was cold that night even after they let us in the ground cant remember the score?

Remember it well City51 I was number 43 think I got there for about 1straight from work phoned my dad he brought some food and worm coat it was a long night. Think there was a picture in the evening news on the Saturday of fans with there raffle tickets.

de niro said:
charliebigspuds said:
glen quagmire said:
Thread should end on this post.
Sums it up perfectly.

100% agree, but this isn't the argument is it really, the people that have put it in over the years isn't the problem its the people that haven't and are trying to get in to the top by buying points and not earning them, that is the problem in my eyes.

that is correct charlie, they want to climb the points ladder without the effort and thats plain wrong.
thats why the mods will curb it from now on. we'll keep a much closer eye on it from now on.
of course the other side is that there are blues who couldn't care less about where the ponts go so desperate are they for a ticket, which is fair enough.although of course they are blocking their own chances of ever catching the sellers points tally in doing so.

What are you trying to 'curb'?

I have got most of my tickets off Blues who have shelled out their money for a season ticket at the start of the season.
If it's a ticket for a high points needed match then the ST holder must've already racked up the points in order to be eligible in the first place.

Would those high and mighty posters who think passing on a match ticket they can't use to another Blue is a dirty trick rather see empty seats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.