What has happened to our country?

So because i vote my country's national party i'm on the wind up? So because i believe the EDL, do a wonderful job in highlighting how we will be the minority in our own country in the next few years,how they are stealing our jobs and rinsing our benefits system?

Yes i'm well on the wind up me!

All religious studies should be taught alongside Bladerunner/Alien/Matrix studies as it's all fucking fantasy.

Oh, and good wumming Mr Q.

This seems appropriate, still piss myself every time I see it hahahaha:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1jDcAHkc8[/youtube]

'Muslamic Ray Guns'

glen quagmire said:
So because i vote my country's national party i'm on the wind up? So because i believe the EDL, do a wonderful job in highlighting how we will be the minority in our own country in the next few years,how they are stealing our jobs and rinsing our benefits system?

Yes i'm well on the wind up me!

nvqIq_R-ckWFJHJd4eOQAQ2.png

MCFC1993 said:

'Muslamic Ray Guns'
Love that. Simply puts those idiots in their place.

malg said:
MCFC1993 said:

'Muslamic Ray Guns'

To be fair, he has got a point. They are bringing that muslamic iraqi law in down in london

malg said:
MCFC1993 said:

'Muslamic Ray Guns'

Let's be frank, the EDF are fucking idiots, but this guy clearly says 'Muslamic rape gangs'.

My wife was a Primary School teacher for 11 years but decided to career change 2 years ago.

Anyway, at the time there was some funding for pupils who 'spoke english as a second language'. This means that they were usually not born here and who's family spoke their own language in the house. The extra funding meant that for an hour a week 5 kids went off to have their own lesson with a teacher who was supposed to strengthen their english language skills.

That would be fair enough but the five kids who were taken out for extra work happened to be the 5 kids at the top of the class! These kids were nailed on Level 3 in the SATS and were easily the best in the year.

The 5 worst kids in the class were all english kids who's parents didnt give a monkeys and who would really have benefited from the extra work but were not entitled to it.

What a way to run an education system!<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 am --<br /><br />
CTID1988 said:
malg said:
MCFC1993 said:

'Muslamic Ray Guns'

To be fair, he has got a point. They are bringing that muslamic iraqi law in down in london

That was truly painful to watch. The old saying 'give them enough rope' comes to mind!

The Ox said:
Stuuuuuu said:
mackenzie said:
Good post.

Sometimes you have to experience life rather than just having opinions forced on you.
You can't get everything you want from a textbook.

What do you mean by "having opinions forced on you"? Who is having opinions forced on them?

By the way, I am a teacher and I haven't laid eyes on a textbook in a long, long time.
Surely the opinions are what is dictated in the curriculum.
I'm not a teacher so I mean no disrespect, but surely you teach your pupils based on what you are told to teach them ? I assume it would put you in a difficult position professionally if you taught the complete opposite to what the Education Board sets out to teach.
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this how it works ?

I'm still confused to be honest. The only opinions "dictated in the curriculum" are opinions such as:
7 x 8 = 56
Commas are used to separate clauses
etc.

In other words, we teach facts.

If you're talking specifically about RE, then nope - no "opinions forced on you" there either. We talk objectively about beliefs around the world - again, using only facts. Example: Christians believe that... The main religions practised in India include... The only opinions come from the children, and they are encouraged to share these opinions. They are never told that they are 'right' or 'wrong'. For example, we recently had a debate about whether or not God exists (yes, this is in the Year 5 RE scheme of work). The children were free to debate and share their opinions. Many changed their opinions during the course of the debate. It ended overwhelmingly in favour of there being no God, but these opinions were formed by the children and they were free to make their own mind up. The teacher's role is more that of a facilitator.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:06 am --<br /><br />
mackenzie said:
Stuuuuuu said:
mackenzie said:
Good post.

Sometimes you have to experience life rather than just having opinions forced on you.
You can't get everything you want from a textbook.

What do you mean by "having opinions forced on you"? Who is having opinions forced on them?

By the way, I am a teacher and I haven't laid eyes on a textbook in a long, long time.

So, as a teacher, do you agree that children should be taught and not patronised?

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain how our education system patronises children, if that's what you're implying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.