What has happened to our country?

Johnsonontheleft said:
Yeah good one...

Have you mentioned the Daily Mail yet? Oh yes you did but only after 7 or 8 pages. I admire your restraint Skashion.

Why don't you spend some time away from this forum, perhaps get yourself a job and a house, shouldn't be too difficult with your obvious intellect and 2 bit degree in politics. Then pop back in a few years when you've grown up a bit and done something with your life.
Did you enjoy my references to the Scientology Society (SS) or the National Academy of Zookeepers Institute (NAZI) earlier as well? I enjoy mocking you and your idiotic ways. You make it so easy to do because, like most Daily Mail fodder, you get outraged over something that isn't true. OFSTED do not mark you down for not having ethnically diverse students. There are schools in deepest rural Cumbria who score outstanding on this measure. They mark you down for not providing opportunities to learn about other cultures. This has been an OFSTED standard for many years so if your daughter's school is failing on it, it's the head's fault. Just another case of a right-winger trying to feel victimised so they can attempt to legitimise their inner prejudice. Nope, you're just prejudiced, learn to live with it, or better yet, learn to live without feeling like you're a constant victim of liberal values.

Half-term for me by the way, I can continue making you look foolish all day long. :-)

Skashion said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
Yeah good one...

Have you mentioned the Daily Mail yet? Oh yes you did but only after 7 or 8 pages. I admire your restraint Skashion.

Why don't you spend some time away from this forum, perhaps get yourself a job and a house, shouldn't be too difficult with your obvious intellect and 2 bit degree in politics. Then pop back in a few years when you've grown up a bit and done something with your life.
Did you enjoy my references to the Scientology Society (SS) or the National Academy of Zookeepers Institute (NAZI) earlier as well? I enjoy mocking you and your idiotic ways. You make it so easy to do because, like most Daily Mail fodder, you get outraged over something that isn't true. OFSTED do not mark you down for not having ethnically diverse students. There are schools in deepest rural Cumbria who score outstanding on this measure. They mark you down for not providing opportunities to learn about other cultures. This has been an OFSTED standard for many years so if your daughter's school is failing on it, it's the head's fault. Just another case of a right-winger trying to feel victimised so they can attempt to legitimise their inner prejudice. Nope, you're just prejudiced, learn to live with it, or better yet, learn to live without feeling like you're a constant victim of liberal values.

Half-term for me by the way, I can continue making you look foolish all day long. :-)

pwnd.

That is all.

sixlashes said:
bugsyblue said:
sixlashes said:
I was implying that geography told you about the country, its indigenous people ,how they lived and there beliefs that was it,no need for anymore information? ...go live in another country and see how much is taught about us...I,LL bet its fuck all.

That is more like history. Geography tends to teach you about water erosion and subsistence farming - well it did in my school.

“Go live in another country and see what they are taught about us?” Are you implying because schools in some other countries aren't taught about our culture then we shouldn't be taught anything about theirs? Isn't that a little narrow minded? Serious question.

when I went to school the above was taught in geography along with rock formations,seas,climate and the like,I would rather kids have extra maths,English,i,t, than waste a lesson on other peoples cultures,if they are curious about other peoples cultures (other than the basic taught)they can do it in their own time,,,,,,,,,,,,am I being narrow minded?

Not necessarily when you word it like that, that sounds more like a preference for what you want your kids to learn, but the way you worded it before did a little, yes. You just sounded like you had the kind of mentality of… well if other cultures aren’t teaching about English then why should we learn about theirs.

And to honest English language and parts of our culture are probably taught more than any other culture in schools across the world. Throughout most of Asia kids are taught as part of their English language lessons about our basic culture, etiquette etc.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

bugsyblue said:
sixlashes said:
bugsyblue said:
That is more like history. Geography tends to teach you about water erosion and subsistence farming - well it did in my school.

“Go live in another country and see what they are taught about us?” Are you implying because schools in some other countries aren't taught about our culture then we shouldn't be taught anything about theirs? Isn't that a little narrow minded? Serious question.

when I went to school the above was taught in geography along with rock formations,seas,climate and the like,I would rather kids have extra maths,English,i,t, than waste a lesson on other peoples cultures,if they are curious about other peoples cultures (other than the basic taught)they can do it in their own time,,,,,,,,,,,,am I being narrow minded?

Not necessarily when you word it like that, that sounds more like a preference for what you want your kids to learn, but the way you worded it before did a little, yes. You just sounded like you had the kind of mentality of… well if other cultures aren’t teaching about English then why should we learn about theirs.

And to honest English language and parts of our culture are probably taught more than any other culture in schools across the world. Throughout most of Asia kids are taught as part of their English language lessons about our basic culture, etiquette etc.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

hey, everyone has their opinions on how things should be done,these are mine...I wanted my kids to be taught about the navajo Indians but ofstead said it wasn't relevant;)

religion is a minority interest in this country and I objected to my children being force fed education about religions that have nothing to do with them

same as I objected to being taught medieval french history when I was at school !

Is it a dangerous thing for the state to intervene to tell children how they should think or should it be left to parents?

I think it is a slippery slope for the state to become involved in how children should think.

Can't see the problem really. Its good for kids to learn about different people and different ways of life.

Maybe hopefully less of them will have the attitude that being different is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.