Stadium and matchday Improvements

Invisible_Goat

Some poeople i know, saying they are getting emails asking them their opinions on how to improve the stadium and matchday experince/expand the stadium

My opinion: I think it would be agood idea to take the south stand, remove the tiers and make it into a one tier super stand. Unlikley, however with our funds nothing is impossible.

In this super stand make it majority safe standing. Also make it, largely a season ticket holders stand(at present you cannot buy a season ticket in the south stand). Finally take the access away on the concourse to walk around to the south stand. This will prevent people from getting a ticket in the north stand and walking round to the south stand where the atmosphere is better. Finally increase the bars in this area by three as at the moment its crap.

Next, put the away fans where the singing stand is now, like it used to be in the old Kippax at mainroad. Continue with the singing section in the kippax, on the other side of the away fans and have a safe standing area there aswell.

This means if you want to stand, sing, swear or even be near people that do, you have a place to do it. If you dont want any of that, you have a place to do it.

Also we should have gimmicks like dortmund had last night, or even like we have had in the past with lights out, scarves etc. Fire the crowd up before the games... in new and creative ways.

In the singing sections i wouldn't mind a drum or even a bell if it fired people up again.

Get the atmosphere going for a few games and we will back to the days of Main Road. Its only been 10 years, allot has happen to the club but the fans have not changed that much.

Invisible_Goat said:
Some poeople i know, saying they are getting emails asking them their opinions on how to improve the stadium and matchday experince/expand the stadium

My opinion: I think it would be agood idea to take the south stand, remove the tiers and make it into a one tier super stand. Unlikley, however with our funds nothing is impossible.

In this super stand make it majority safe standing. Also make it, largely a season ticket holders stand(at present you cannot buy a season ticket in the south stand). Finally take the access away on the concourse to walk around to the south stand. This will prevent people from getting a ticket in the north stand and walking round to the south stand where the atmosphere is better. Finally increase the bars in this area by three as at the moment its crap.

Next, put the away fans where the singing stand is now, like it used to be in the old Kippax at mainroad. Continue with the singing section in the kippax, on the other side of the away fans and have a safe standing area there aswell.

This means if you want to stand, sing, swear or even be near people that do, you have a place to do it. If you dont want any of that, you have a place to do it.

Also we should have gimmicks like dortmund had last night, or even like we have had in the past with lights out, scarves etc. Fire the crowd up before the games... in new and creative ways.

In the singing sections i wouldn't mind a drum or even a bell if it fired people up again.

Get the atmosphere going for a few games and we will back to the days of Main Road. Its only been 10 years, allot has happen to the club but the fans have not changed that much.

hmmm

I have had this email and replied.

To me it felt like the club seemed more interested in how much they could get out of the fans! They inform you about the possibility of the club expanding a third tier above the North and South stand and showed pictures of possible hospitallity ideas and then asked the same question:
'would you consider paying £xx on a ticket in this area?' with the price getting lower each time. Each hospitality package was located in a different area of the ground with one being touted as £15k per season! This was in the colin bell stand and the hospitality area looked to have glass walls where the tunnel area is so you would see the players lining up (almost like the tunnel cam). That would be pretty cool but Im pretty sure nobody would pay £15k!!

Why Always Ste said:
Might of used a spellchecker.. although the season ticket comment is suspicious

As is the idea that his moving people would make it like Maine Road was 10 years ago, the singing section is now what was the Kippax, the South Stand is what was the North Stand, and the atmosphere for most games once the Kippax became all seated is the same now as it was then.

law74 said:
Why Always Ste said:

As is the idea that his moving people would make it like Maine Road was 10 years ago, the singing section is now what was the Kippax, the South Stand is what was the North Stand, and the atmosphere for most games once the Kippax became all seated is the same now as it was then.

Well done for reading it all...I just read the highlighted parts, Haha...

Sibrady said:
I have had this email and replied.

To me it felt like the club seemed more interested in how much they could get out of the fans! They inform you about the possibility of the club expanding a third tier above the North and South stand and showed pictures of possible hospitallity ideas and then asked the same question:
'would you consider paying £xx on a ticket in this area?' with the price getting lower each time. Each hospitality package was located in a different area of the ground with one being touted as £15k per season! This was in the colin bell stand and the hospitality area looked to have glass walls where the tunnel area is so you would see the players lining up (almost like the tunnel cam). That would be pretty cool but Im pretty sure nobody would pay £15k!!

Got that distinct feeling that what was the maximum we could be screwed for. The question about how much I was prepared to pay kept going down by a fiver! Also go an email saying that they wanted to improve my matchday experience for the Watford match and the first thing they wanted to do was fuck me outta me seat!

Why Always Ste said:

Trouble is with spellchecker if you spell "of" correctly it won't tell you that this word should never follow "might", "would" or "should" except perhaps in a question.

"Should "of" ever follow "should"?

I think the OP wants safe standing by the way and there's plenty of blues who can't spell Maine Road.

What do you think about offering fans this?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sapl.co.uk/news-blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sapl.co.uk/news-blog/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.