Where is it going wrong?

NoahCity said:
LoveCity said:
It may have gone wrong but perhaps it's now going right?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/academy-news/2013/january/city-u14s-clinch-national-premier-league-title" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/academy-news ... ague-title</a>

Watch the video of our U14s bumming half of the Premier League (oh... that sounds quite wrong but you get the point :P).

Scroll down a few posts and read this: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=301012.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=301012.0</a>
wow, interesting stuff. Future looks bright.

Great post Noah...................that really is heartening news!
Hope my grammar is up to scratch as well.........LOL (ref to earlier criticism)

Nice to see one of my son's school mates scoring a goal there. Before he moved to the academy he played for the school team and could win any game on his own.

Re:

urbanblue67 said:
Akira said:
The Doctor said:
EDS Team struggling
Youth Team dumped out of the FA Youth Cup
We seem to be going backwards
Only a couple of seasons ago teams good not get near to our youth team so what's gone wrong?
Who is coming through?

Your grammar, that's where it's going wrong.
!!!!!!! hey!! what the hell as that got to do with it , why dont you just go teach english grammer somewhere else you f@!@a!!t@!t

Sorry, Doctor, but it made me chuckle. I am a pedant though. (No, that's nowt to do with kids!)

Re:

urbanblue67 said:
Akira said:
The Doctor said:
EDS Team struggling
Youth Team dumped out of the FA Youth Cup
We seem to be going backwards
Only a couple of seasons ago teams good not get near to our youth team so what's gone wrong?
Who is coming through?

Your grammar, that's where it's going wrong.
!!!!!!! hey!! what the hell as that got to do with it , why dont you just go teach english grammer somewhere else you f@!@a!!t@!t

Whoooooooops Touchy subject obviously

mscenterh750 said:
I'll tell you what's going wrong, my fucking eyesight reading tripe like this thread and my fucking fingers having to type a comment on it. Youth isn't about trophies, youth is about development, learning and fun !.

7-10 year olds - making football fun, enjoyable along with a technical element.

11-14 year olds - development of techniques and tactical aspects of the game.

15 - 18 year olds - continued technique and tactical development,lifestyle management and education.

19 - 21 year olds - players should be aiming for first team squad integration
or going out on loan, to gain the experience of first team football.

Now what I've wrote may be wrong, but to me this is what youth football is all about, and not being worried about getting knocked out of cups or not winning trophies.

Spot on. with a bit of lifestyle stuff in increasing amounts all the way up from 9 to 14 added in. Good habits start early. And it should also work the same in grass roots but sadly winning is everything there from 7 up

mscenterh750 said:
I'll tell you what's going wrong, my fucking eyesight reading tripe like this thread and my fucking fingers having to type a comment on it. Youth isn't about trophies, youth is about development, learning and fun !.

7-10 year olds - making football fun, enjoyable along with a technical element.

11-14 year olds - development of techniques and tactical aspects of the game.

15 - 18 year olds - continued technique and tactical development,lifestyle management and education.

19 - 21 year olds - players should be aiming for first team squad integration
or going out on loan, to gain the experience of first team football.

Now what I've wrote may be wrong, but to me this is what youth football is all about, and not being worried about getting knocked out of cups or not winning trophies.

This is spot on. My son has played academy football since he was 7 & turned 15 a couple of weeks ago so from his & my experience I can say this is how most modern day academy's seem to approach things. A lot has changed since he started & all for the better. Most of the real changes came about as a consequence of the Elite Player Performance Plan & how academy's now get graded. The younger lads who are just starting out academy life should reap the most benefit from this but even those my lads age are already getting more out of it. Apart from the football there's a fair amount of emphasis on education & social skills like gh_mcfc says above in the hope we produce less leary nob heads & more grounded lads. Obviously that's not always going to work but at least they're actually trying now.

I'd say the future is pretty bright for English football in general but it won't come to fruition for at least another 8 to 10 years, it'll get better sooner but those just starting out should be the real gauge on which to measure the EPPP's success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.