In the Wigan End

mcfc-mike said:
Hung said:
Have they sold all of their tickets yet?

Not yet,
By looks of it only the £45 ones have!

Hopefully the fa will learn allocations should be changed when and if a poorly supported club reach a final again!

Could you imagine how empty wembley would be at the charity shield if (god forbid) they beat us and get about 40,000 tickets!!!'

i would then asume they have sold less than the semi final 'cant work that one out' like eveyone the fa would have thought they would have sold more,all they had to do was release block to block from the centre behind the goal and they could have returned whats left, massive cock up between the fa and wigan

marco said:
mcfc-mike said:
Hung said:
Have they sold all of their tickets yet?

Not yet,

Hopefully the fa will learn allocations should be changed when and if a poorly supported club reach a final again!

Could you imagine how empty wembley would be at the charity shield if (god forbid) they beat us and get about 40,000 tickets!!!'

i would then asume they have sold less than the semi final 'cant work that one out' like eveyone the fa would have thought they would have sold more,all they had to do was release block to block from the centre behind the goal and they could have returned whats left, massive cock up between the fa and wigan

If they sell less than for a semi final against Millwall and their morons, it truly does defy belief. I suppose it comes down to the size of their core support and the fact that Wigan is a rugby league town. It may also be cost related. Whatever the reason however, for a Premier League Club not to sell out a reduced allocation for an FA Cup Final is piss poor and shows what Wigan are up against in their efforts to stay in the Premier League.

personally I think wigan supporters deserve a lot of credit , only 20 odd years ago they were non-league playing in front of 1500 fans , they play in a town consumed by rugby league , and 75% of football followers in the town walk about in Liverpool or yooonited replica shirts. They may only have a hard core support of 15,000 , but would nt it be far easier for these supporters to support more fashionable clubs a few miles away , they deserve respect not ridicule over their attendances , which other football club has increased their attendances ten-fold in the modern football era??

gmckennasell said:
personally I think wigan supporters deserve a lot of credit , only 20 odd years ago they were non-league playing in front of 1500 fans , they play in a town consumed by rugby league , and 75% of football followers in the town walk about in Liverpool or yooonited replica shirts. They may only have a hard core support of 15,000 , but would nt it be far easier for these supporters to support more fashionable clubs a few miles away , they deserve respect not ridicule over their attendances , which other football club has increased their attendances ten-fold in the modern football era??

Couldnt agree more.

gmckennasell said:
we have six tickets in block 503 , had a mate with 3 wigan season tickets and bought the £65 tickets on line , got them on the first day they were on sale , so we are probably amongst all the pie eaters , will have to behave ourselves .
I'm with my Dad in 502, we really are in with the main group of Wigan fans, still could be worse (Millwall)!

owen-mcfc said:
What is the script guys ,will there be many blues in the wigs end..
Can they really throw 100s or even 1,000s of blues out ??
Anybody doing it ??
Was in the stokies end last time & got warned by a steward if they started a ruck with me .I would be the one getting slung out ???

Just maintain the most discrete of polite applause when Agueroooooooooooo cracks in his hattrick!

I predict that we will outnumber the ones who chase eggs in their own allocated stand.

Have Wigan still not sold out?
How would I have to go about grabbing one off them if so, can't find much about nothing on their site :(

Hung said:
marco said:
mcfc-mike said:
Not yet,

If they sell less than for a semi final against Millwall and their morons, it truly does defy belief. I suppose it comes down to the size of their core support and the fact that Wigan is a rugby league town. It may also be cost related. Whatever the reason however, for a Premier League Club not to sell out a reduced allocation for an FA Cup Final is piss poor and shows what Wigan are up against in their efforts to stay in the Premier League.
A town of 80,000 with little support outside the boundries of Wigan and also a predominantly rugby town selling 20 odd thousand tickets ain't so bad

BlueTG said:
Have Wigan still not sold out?
How would I have to go about grabbing one off them if so, can't find much about nothing on their site :(

I've been checking their website for the last 2 weeks....they have stopped selling them now.
Unsure how many got sent back to the f.a , although yesterday morning they still had 65,85, and 115quid for sale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.