Recommend a good book?

'Renegade'

Bio of Mark Smith of The Fall.

Wasn't a fan of theirs back then but it didn't matter really. A cynical witty man who knows who he is and what is important in life. Really enjoyed it.

i got a tip for this book on another thread on here ,its a true story and fascinating even a bit gruesome but one of the best reads iv had.
The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer
there are 3 documentries on you tube interviews with the iceman in prison

Billy Spurdle said:
Davs 19 said:
Swansong

The Road

The Angels Are The Reapers

If that's "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon then, yeah, my favourite EVER book.

Also, Stephen King has recently recaptured his form - Under The Dome & 11.22.63 are both superb IMO.

just reading 11.22.63 now, yes very good

jimmy blue shoes said:
beach.jpg

A really good, easy read. Please don't let that shite Di Caprio film put you off!

This.

Footy related:

images

Absolutely smashign read, goes into culture and art as well as footy

Merson_GQ_16Jun11_642.jpg

I know it's Merse and that but it is a cracking read, some quality stories in there

Bio:

m2rI_ahSTLnJIuUajEpZCkg.jpg

Great read

images

Fantastic... need to get round to seeing the movie

Currently reading 'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett. Set against the backdrop of WW1 it connects several people throughout the conflict, and addresses the issues of class, nationality and political ideology. It also goes some way to contemplating the major political changes of the twentieth century and their far reaching effects on the entire continent and further afield (the labour movement, Russian revolution, votes for women etc.)

As with everything else I have read by Follett, it's very engaging, fast-paced and adds a human/emotional imagery to a hugely important historical period. Often a throwaway comment but I really did struggle to put it down. Would recommend to anyone with an interest in history or just a good story.

It's also the first of a trilogy with part two, 'Winter of the World' next on my list and the third currently to be published next year.

Reading Paul Kimmage book - Rough Ride

He was Irish cyclist who took part in Tour De France and it's a portrays a not very glamorous side to the sport

BM_Mike said:
Footy related:

images

Absolutely smashign read, goes into culture and art as well as footy

Merson_GQ_16Jun11_642.jpg

I know it's Merse and that but it is a cracking read, some quality stories in there

Bio:

m2rI_ahSTLnJIuUajEpZCkg.jpg

Great read

images

Fantastic... need to get round to seeing the movie

Apparently the film as usual is nowhere near as good as the book....we was only talking about this book in the boozer Friday night....during which someone recommended Bez from Happy Mondays book, so will be looking to have a read of that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.