Recommend a good book?

without a dream said:
The one hundred year old man who climbed out of a window and disappeared.

It's different than what I'd usually go for but I got recommended it by about half a dozen different people and it's excellent, very funny.

enjoyed it for it's understated quirkiness, touch of the forest gumps, a dash of Tom Sharpe, a pleasant surprise all in all

Dont know if you like history esp Medieval/Tudor period but The Last White Rose by Desmond Seward is a great read.
Everybody thought the Wars of the Roses ended with a Lancastrian/tudor victory with the death of Richard 3rd at Bosworth in 1485 but the winner of that battle Henry Tudor later Henry 7th had to look over his shoulder all his reign for the defeated Yorkists plotting and scheming to reclaim the throne
Lambert Simnel and Perkin Warbeck were two of the plots and does end in one final battle to secure his dynasty, a bloody forgotten battle at East Stoke Nottinghamshire.
Its a great read for history buffs

Probably going to get some stick for this but I've just read Colin Shindler's 'Manchester City Ruined My Life' and enjoyed it. It's autobiographical and he tells about some very painful events in his life which are set off against things going on at City at those times. It was very moving and after reading it I understand his falling out of love with modern day City a bit more, when set against the context of things going on in his life.

bellbuzzer said:
without a dream said:
The one hundred year old man who climbed out of a window and disappeared.

It's different than what I'd usually go for but I got recommended it by about half a dozen different people and it's excellent, very funny.

enjoyed it for it's understated quirkiness, touch of the forest gumps, a dash of Tom Sharpe, a pleasant surprise all in all

I'm going to try and read this. Sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Probably going to get some stick for this but I've just read Colin Shindler's 'Manchester City Ruined My Life' and enjoyed it. It's autobiographical and he tells about some very painful events in his life which are set off against things going on at City at those times. It was very moving and after reading it I understand his falling out of love with modern day City a bit more, when set against the context of things going on in his life.

Apparently Colin's next book is titled 'Robero Mancini' ruined my life, could be a good read ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.