Champions League Grumbles

Yes. The Champions League epitomises all that's wrong with the modern game. I thought it was overhyped shit when we weren't in it and I feel the same now. Having said that, I will be in Munich a week on Tuesday.

The Champions League is a properly overrated competition.

The refs are AWFUL! They fall for every single dive. Games are always stop-start-stop-start because of all the fouls they blow for.

Opposition teams want the ball kicked out when a stiff wind picks up so their physio can come on and tend to the soft cûnts. If we don't put it out they wave their arms around and scream like teenage girls as if their player has stood on a landmine.

The away fans and their fucking annoying drums, the no alcohol, the tall advertising boards, the ground full of annoying tourists and away fans in the home end, City moving fans who've already signed up for the Cup Scheme to put corporate visitors in their seats, City giving £15 tickets to businesses when people in the Cup Scheme have paid nearly double that...

The Champions League is my least favourite competition.

1. FA Cup
2. Premier League
3. FL Cup
4. FA Youth Cup
5. EDS League
6. Europa League = Champions League

I'll tolerate it because of how much money it brings into the club but I've not enjoyed one game in the CL yet and we've played 17.

Inter Me Nan said:
Have we been televised on ITV yet?
Seems strange if not!!!

Pretty sure ITV had the Real Madrid away last season and the Villareal away the season before, can remember puss-face Keane down on the pitch before the match start

Phil Meup said:
How can you not enjoy seeing us put 5 past Moscow at home?
Seems strange, we beat Moscow 5-2 and Plzen 4-2 but I didn't enjoy our performances, we didn't play well in either game (maybe for 20 minutes in the first half against Moscow if I'm being fair) or all of the annoying things about the competition I mentioned above and the atmosphere from us was shite n'all.

I've spent all my life wanting to see city competing with Europe's best. For most of that time it seemed an impossible dream. I'm not going to whinge too much.

Walking to the car on Wednesday some guy was going 'its a joke of a competition!' to hIs son and I thought 'you small minded prick'.

The champions league is the most prestigious club competition in the world and I want to win it. It might be a bit irritating that you can't have a half time pint but its more than made up for going on a big european away day. I can't fucking wait until the knockouts next year.

Didsbury Dave said:
I've spent all my life wanting to see city competing with Europe's best. For most of that time it seemed an impossible dream. I'm not going to whinge too much.

Walking to the car on Wednesday some guy was going 'its a joke of a competition!' to hIs son and I thought 'you small minded prick'.

The champions league is the most prestigious club competition in the world and I want to win it. It might be a bit irritating that you can't have a half time pint but its more than made up for going on a big european away day. I can't fucking wait until the knockouts next year.

I fully agree with this.

There are a few minor housekeeping problems but, relative to the the overall experience of being in the elite competition, they add up to approximately fuck all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.