How did you come to join BM?

Watching a live stream game and happend to be a chat window, with a city fan mentioning this forum as a place where other city fans can interact with u.

Never knew such a site exsisted!!

I wonder what Ric makes of it all? Its grown beyond belief. We used to promote it at every opportunity, well he didn't he's too quiet but I did. I'd meet blues and tell them about this place and they really did have no idea it existed. How mad is that now. OK we are not Google but I think its fair to say its the best and most well known city forum by a mile. To his credit Ric has always maintained it remain free, some of us would tell him to charge even a fiver to join but he refused. We used to do some fundraising to contribute very early on but I know that realistically he took the hit for a fair few years. So think on guys and every now and again click some of those ads, a pain but it does help the cause for the lad.

There are some great posters on here, i cant name them cos I'll may have to ban some of them one day but they offer so much to the place.
I have met many many brilliant people in the real world, some with completely different views on football and life in general but yet we'll remain lifelong friends.

We of course also have dickheads ( I know I know me at times) but they Dont usually last long, the mods usually get rid, and if we Dont the proper posters do. A great bit of teamwork :)

It is a great forum.

Well done you lot and well done Ric.

I used to lurk a lot on teamtalk, and when de niro et al tried to get to the Faroe Islands I decided that if someone on here loves City enough to travel to a game by fishing trawler, this was the place to be.

It's debatable whether I have actually joined or not given the amount of time spent on the naughty step, but I think this is the only place, along with Mumsnet, Lezpoo and the Racing Post website, that tolerate me.
I also relish the challenge of trying to alienate over 50,000 posters one at a time.
The bottom line is that the forum, and especially the Cellar, is like an online maximum security hospital, and has an appeal unique in my experience, with the moderators doing their best to damage limit the insanity like Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and invariably failing spectacularly.
I think I finally took the leap and signed up to tell someone that they were talking utter bollocks, and to stop being a ****, but this was in the dark days before you could call folk cunts, so in many ways I was a martyr to the cause of free speech.
I just don't think the racing thread was ready at that point.
Now newbies can call folk cunts with gay abandon, and you can torch the mod room, piss in the server and fist Ric, yet only a warning ensues.
I also thought it would be a good place to meet women for a bit of pump and dump action, but that has proved less than successful, although Corky's landlady did pm me a picture of a soiled razor wire thong.
The whole forum is one big, sprawling den of insanity that simply shouldn't work, but thankfully it does.

I use to get my football chat fix on a game called Football Manager Live, when that died I needed somewhere else to get my kicks. I just typed 'Man City forum' in on google and up popped this place. I read some of the classic threads and knew I had found the place for me.

A bloke told me about it at Middlesborough away i think, when we got battered 8-1. From then i used Bluemoon for around a year for city news etc without joining til one day i bit the bullet and signed up.
I will never ever forgive the bloke who told me about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.