Pubs after Match on Sunday

felixbg said:
trueblue1972 said:
Dan gambino said:
As many of you know we're doing a huge end of season party in town on Sunday evening
We've decided it best to keep it off social media in the end so if you're interested in coming down considering the magnitude of the last one we did , inbox me and I'll inbox the flyer and details
GET INVOLVED BLUES and pls share this status or send out the flyer to your mates
Let's make this one go down in city folklore just like the last one…

HI mate is this in that club near Wing Yip again ? Or is different ?

same one. same plan. colours fine. open from 8pm til late
Can you pm me the details as`dangambino` hasn`t sent them yet.
Cheers.

totallywired said:
felixbg said:
trueblue1972 said:
HI mate is this in that club near Wing Yip again ? Or is different ?

Can you send them my way aswell, mate.
I missed 2012 as I was away!!!
Grateful and all that.
same one. same plan. colours fine. open from 8pm til Clate
Can you pm me the details as`dangambino` hasn`t sent them yet.
Cheers.

Didsbury Dave said:
I seem to remember a couple of celebratory games. One where we were promoted and one where we won the league, but it might have been slightly different. I remember being in town on a nice afternoon and the only place serving was cafe rouge, and then the police turned up when the singing started outside. I also remember a night match where we celebrated in Didsbury. Someone climbed up all the walls and put city flags on all the flagpoles.

But this might be a mixed up version of what happened. What I remember without a doubt was town being basically closed.

Disappointing the Police would end a bumper pay day for the bars and pubs of Manchester. Not to mention tourists or drinkers with no interest in football.

Thanks felixbg, but I can't open the link,.for some reason.
Maybe the footballing gods don't want to see me celebrate City winning the league for only the second time in my short 44 years
Away last time, might get all superstitious on you and leave my celebration til Monday .

peoffrey said:
Didsbury Dave said:
peoffrey said:
I can't believe the Police were shutting everywhere. Pubs and Bars could've made a fortune and it keeps everyone contained and not on the streets. Wankers.

I remember this happening when we got relegated in 96 and promoted in 2002.

Really? If I recall correctly, 2002's promotion was secured without the kicking of a ball as another team dropped points to hand it to us. I know the next home match was party time because we were already there and could just enjoy the day. I'd still argue that fans with a beer in their hand and in the pub are occupied instead of traipsing around the streets.

2002......town went into lockdown.....side of the Midland, bar full of City , Plod closed the place after big rows, ended up over the river in Salford to get a drink. A real struggle to get a bevy that night. Don't worry, we've learn't since.

Just hoping the Waldorf is kept open after the match. Didn't go out after QPR because I still went with my Dad then and he wanted to get home pronto (I don't blame him, he was driving so couldn't have anything). Now I'm all by my lonesome so am free to do whatever this time.
Although in typical bloody fashion I'm working 6:00am on Monday so I can't go out and get absolutely bladdered, just mildy so.

peoffrey said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I seem to remember a couple of celebratory games. One where we were promoted and one where we won the league, but it might have been slightly different. I remember being in town on a nice afternoon and the only place serving was cafe rouge, and then the police turned up when the singing started outside. I also remember a night match where we celebrated in Didsbury. Someone climbed up all the walls and put city flags on all the flagpoles.

But this might be a mixed up version of what happened. What I remember without a doubt was town being basically closed.

Disappointing the Police would end a bumper pay day for the bars and pubs of Manchester. Not to mention tourists or drinkers with no interest in football.

Flag thing was a defo but can remember the occasion

CTID1988 said:
stonerblue said:
Saw an ad yesterday for a club that used to be 'the basement'. After match party with Manc tunes. All Blues welcome.

I typed "the basement manchester" into google and it just comes up with a load of gay saunas.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.basementcomplex.com/manchester-14-c.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.basementcomplex.com/manchester-14-c.asp</a>

I did the same. Turns out most of them are open after the game..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.