City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Does anyone have the quote of Platini basically stating that FFP was brought about because the 'big' clubs wanted it? In other words the G14 clubs.

Samuel: One of the things that I cannot understand with financial fair play is why UEFA, why you, did not take a more holistic approach to it. For instance, Champions League money. If the distribution of Champions League money was, through the league more than concentrated on three or four clubs, then the disparity which is going to be caused, with one team having so much more money than other teams and the other teams not being able to spend money to catch up, that would not be such an issue. Is that not something you could look at?

Platini: Yes, I totally accept what you say, but it is a little bit more complicated because there was a fight some years ago with the clubs and UEFA, the G14. And I destroy the G14 but one of the conditions of this stop is that we are not looking for the distribution of money from the clubs for some years. We create, with Mr Rummenigge [chairman, European Clubs’ Association, chief executive officer Bayern Munich], the clubs create a big union of clubs, the European Clubs’ Association. There is 200. That is a joint venture between UEFA and the clubs, because now the clubs, and UEFA, and the leagues, and the players, we have a Memorandum of Understanding. That the money is received by the competition for the clubs, and we give to the clubs. I think it’s not possible for me to decide where is going the money to the clubs. But if the ECA decided that there is a better redistribution of the money, another distribution, I will follow them. But it is their money to the clubs, it is up to them to redistribute these things. I don’t want to have a big fight with the clubs like in the past and we have a memo of understanding that we can do nothing without permission of the clubs. On the competition, on the money, on the regulations, in this Memorandum of Understanding, we have to agree both to change. If we don’t agree, we stop the discussion. We can’t change now the results and I think on the distribution, I totally agree with you. But it is their money and if they want a better distribution they can do this distribution.

Samuel: But the powerful clubs are never going to vote to redistribute the money.

Platini: They can vote. There is a company they can vote, the poor. The small clubs they can vote, then the people can decide what is the distribution and if the majority want the new distribution, we will accept. We will give more money to the Europa League, show the solidarity of the big clubs, and we make a step but if there is something else we have to discuss with the clubs how we can work better. But I understand, I understand.

Samuel: But surely it’s your competition. It’s UEFA’s competition.

Platini: It’s our competition but the clubs don’t think it is our competition. They think that it’s their competition, that we organise their competition. And, man, it was a big fight from the beginning, from 10 years, from 15 years with G14, with the clubs that say, it’s our money, we have to organise our money. We are strong and tough to say no, no, it’s a competition of UEFA and you want it. But in the redistribution I am totally agreeing with you. If they want to change we will fully support it.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html#ixzz31WEgFTh6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z31WEgFTh6</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Does anyone have the quote of Platini basically stating that FFP was brought about because the 'big' clubs wanted it? In other words the G14 clubs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ident.html</a>

As someone on RedCafé said, what the fuck is that? The UKIP premier league?

Idea that we can't sign Mangala, Fernando and Sagna is simplistic.

We are breaking even this year.

New contracts for Dzeko, Nasri and Milner will lower their amortisation costs.

Lescott, Richards will free up wages.

The cost therefore of the 3 signings will be swallowed up by the savings outlined.

People don't seem to grasp that we are break even this year and don't understand concept that sign someone for £30m it's not £30m extra that year.

6one said:
Idea that we can't sign Mangala, Fernando and Sagna is simplistic.

We are breaking even this year.

New contracts for Dzeko, Nasri and Milner will lower their amortisation costs.

Lescott, Richards will free up wages.

The cost therefore of the 3 signings will be swallowed up by the savings outlined.

People don't seem to grasp that we are break even this year and don't understand concept that sign someone for £30m it's not £30m extra that year.

We have far more TV monies coming in this year.

Bodicoteblue said:
These examples of how , as it stands , FFP is aimed at all the wrong targets for all the wrong reasons, gives great hope toM. Dupont's action since from what I understand , he is going to attempt to demonstrate that there are far better ways of and far better targeted ways of achieving the so-called " stated aims" of FFP. Which will actually be more effective.
The "stated aims" argument will be absolutely key to his success of his submissions.

Just now on Twitter:

Richard Conway ‏@richard_conway · 1m
Looks like Manchester City's parade will pass without Uefa rain. Told there'll unlikely be an update on financial fair play sanctions today.

Roosty said:
Just now on Twitter:

Richard Conway ‏@richard_conway · 1m
Looks like Manchester City's parade will pass without Uefa rain. Told there'll unlikely be an update on financial fair play sanctions today.

Who is that bloke?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.