City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Martin Samuel is hitting back at the Dippers on Twitter :-

@themartinsamuel: To #Liverpool fans saying Man City have 'bought the league'. FYI, #LFC fail FFP but as they don't play in Europe are fine. #PotKettle #mcfc

I've just checked the accounts from the Wardle/Shinawatra era.

In 2006 we made a profit of £10.1m (due to the sale of SWP to Chelsea). The following year we lost £11m and the year after, which was the year we were owned by Thaksin, we lost £32.6m. So doing an FFP calculation and taking the aggregate of those three years gives a pre-adjustment loss of £31.7m. Adding back youth development costs etc. (say £20m for those 3 years), gives us an adjusted loss of £11.7m and we'd have passed FFP.

Yet days after the 2008 year end, we were looking at going into administration.

MCFC-alan88 said:
dctid said:
fbloke said:
If you don't accept the legitimacy of FFP or any of its elements why would you follow the appeal procedures for those rules?

The CL is an invitation competition and to qualify there are a large number of requirements of which FFP is one. To play in CL you need a UEFA license with defines amongst other this how disputes are resolved - quite simply if you do not accept the license requirements then you wont get one..

Nobody is forcing anybody to play in the CL - but if you do UEFA regardless of how bent we all know it to be we have to comply

To challenge FFP at European level is a different issue but that is going to take more than a few months

Here we go again.

I think it was a fair post to be honest. Unlike others saying UEFA can do what they like because it's their comp and it's by invitation, he did make the point that we could challenge that in the European courts.

cleavers said:
Blue Mist said:
The fact that there was no official press release on Friday and nothing today shows that nothing has been decided, no 50 mil fine and no player sanction, the press are just making it up.
They will probably agree to let it all die down and be forgotten about. Other then wenger who is moaning about it ? World Cup coming up etc. They are on a loser and they know it.

And that is making it up just like the journo's.
I think that is very wishful thinking on your part.

Neither UEFA nor City have said anything officially, but these stories have come out from somewhere, I suspect City know full well what has been decided by UEFA, and that the sanctions have been leaked by City to friendly journalists (if such a thing exists), so that we can defend ourselves and gain some support in the UK, before UEFA release the sanctions. We already seemed to have gained a little support in some quarters, mainly pundits who have seen what we are really about, but we can put some pressure on that way.

I feel that City will fight it all the way now in any case, and UEFA saying nothing, is because their next step is the so called appeal, when they will no doubt up the punishment.

We should carry on as if nothing has happened, get our signings done early, and then worry about the rest as it happens.

To be fair I did say I had made it up (about in all dying down) It was to try and show that there has been no official statements, yes City might have leaked it but most journo's are making most of it up. They need to fill column inches and we are falling for it and panicking like f*ck.

Anyway, I'm off to the parade (and the pub)

Prestwich_Blue said:

In 2006 we made a profit of £10.1m (due to the sale of SWP to Chelsea). The following year we lost £11m and the year after, which was the year we were owned by Thaksin, we lost £32.6m. So doing an FFP calculation and taking the aggregate of those three years gives a pre-adjustment loss of £31.7m. Adding back youth development costs etc. (say £20m for those 3 years), gives us an adjusted loss of £11.7m and we'd have passed FFP.

That just about sums up the farce that is FFP

chris85mcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Doesn't it just.

bluwes said:
Bluep*ss said:
Roosty said:
Mike Keegan on Twitter:

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen · 13m
Asked Uefa for latest on #mcfc & proposed FFP sanctions. Was told 'no precise timing/date yet'.
They are lulling us ......when the parade has started , and it is all quiet at the Etihad, Uefa panzers are rolling into Beswick and they are going to surround the place with a f*cking great chain and LOCK US OUT. Great big Padlocks ..Uefa then tell the media there is going to be NO MORE of THIS MAN CITY SHIT.......
Gill and Twatini are seen lurking in the background.................

Hope not, I am at the Former Players Association dinner tonight in the Citizens Suite

You will be OK - walk up to the entrance and say - FFP mate -and your in. FAMOUS FORMER PLAYER..............

Prestwich_Blue said:
chris85mcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Doesn't it just.

can I nick that for a piece I'm writing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.