Food For Thought

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Is it bollocks or pretty true ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.boxingscene.com/nutrition/56446.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.boxingscene.com/nutrition/56446.php</a>

I've read most of it, late night here.

Alot of it goes along with my own research on the foods we eat.

I went along with this journey years ago, it all started in simply wanting to increase my protein intake.

Now I'm more interested in what's actually in the food we eat, and find myself more conscious about our diets and the fact we do tend to eat shit (myself included here)

I regularly succumb to marketing and find myself often believing the supermarket hype of a "free" range chicken.

My main problem is -

Where do we source the real free range foods?

The fish we buy - where has it come from?
The packet will just say - Scotland or Norway. and how was it actually sourced?

I want to know, yet find myself still unaware due to lack of transparency in the seller.

I live in an area with many farms, yet I'm still clueless as to where I could get truly free range chicken/eggs as they don't necessarily advertise it well (no signs outside the farm, or on google etc)

I think some times there is too much importance on 'what our ancestors ate'
Its a very nostalgic view and because they did it that way , we should now.
Wasnt the average age of death in cave people 25 yrs old?
If you take out of consideration the ones that died before puberty (eg didnt make it to adulthood) average life span was still only 60 yrs old

uk average today is 81.5 yrs old.

Of course, I would agreed that the less processing of food the better, but as long as you eat a healthy balanced diet and get off your arse and exercise, whats the point in worrying?

The worrying is more likely to kill you off early than eating a steak from sainsburys

Why Always Ste said:
I've read most of it, late night here.

Alot of it goes along with my own research on the foods we eat.

I went along with this journey years ago, it all started in simply wanting to increase my protein intake.

Now I'm more interested in what's actually in the food we eat, and find myself more conscious about our diets and the fact we do tend to eat shit (myself included here)

I regularly succumb to marketing and find myself often believing the supermarket hype of a "free" range chicken.

My main problem is -

Where do we source the real free range foods?

The fish we buy - where has it come from?
The packet will just say - Scotland or Norway. and how was it actually sourced?

I want to know, yet find myself still unaware due to lack of transparency in the seller.

I live in an area with many farms, yet I'm still clueless as to where I could get truly free range chicken/eggs as they don't necessarily advertise it well (no signs outside the farm, or on google etc)
Generally going into the farm and asking works, you get some brilliant prices as well because you're cutting out distribution, marketing and retail.

nimrod said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.boxingscene.com/nutrition/56446.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.boxingscene.com/nutrition/56446.php</a>

The man is a deranged fuckwit.

So I ask, what does the estrogen do to these babies? Does it make little girls mature at 7 and 8 years old? Does it make little boys more likely to become homosexual? I don't have an answer - just questions.

Tragic meat van guy said:
If you take out of consideration the ones that died before puberty (eg didnt make it to adulthood) average life span was still only 60 yrs old

isnt that due more to hospitals/antibiotics and doctors/surgeons though ?

If Id been born 30 years earlier Id be dead now, in that the surgery I had last year that saved my life wasnt available then

nimrod said:
Tragic meat van guy said:

isnt that due more to hospitals/antibiotics and doctors/surgeons though ?

If Id been born 30 years earlier Id be dead now, in that the surgery I had last year that saved my life wasnt available then

playing devils advocate, its acceptable that surgery can advance but not the way we farm / grow livestock?

If we ate the way our ancestors ate coupled with our medical advancement we would be immortal?

I make informed choices regarding my own diet which is healthy and balanced and eat whole foods.
I dont worry about what this guy is suggesting. Does he offer any answers or alternatives that would be cost/time effective for the average person?
Or is his report just scaremongering with no viable alternatives?

Challenger1978 said:
nimrod said:

The man is a deranged fuckwit.

So I ask, what does the estrogen do to these babies? Does it make little girls mature at 7 and 8 years old? Does it make little boys more likely to become homosexual? I don't have an answer - just questions.

ROFL!

Thanks for posting. *Closes the cretins website*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.