My Favourite Ten City Red Cards Of All Time

Didn't Stuart Pierce get sent off in his final game for us and instead of heading down the tunnel he just climbed over the advertising boards and sit down by the fans? Or am I remembering it wrong?

BLUEYESTU said:
Didn't Stuart Pierce get sent off in his final game for us and instead of heading down the tunnel he just climbed over the advertising boards and sit down by the fans? Or am I remembering it wrong?
Wasn't his final game but he did do that we were away got 3 teams in my head Wimbledon Palace or Watford

Ricard Edghill vs West Brom sticks out in my mind as of the biggest injustices I've ever seen on a football pitch. He got hacked down, through on goal in the opposition area, and got a red card for diving instead of the penalty (and red card for the defender) that it deserved.

Barton's against Spurs away FA cup in "that game" was the most memorable for me. I'll never forget that night sat in the boozer 3-0 down and as players walk off half-time ref gives a red to Joey, thought we were going to lose 10-0 as rags across from me were giving it some....the rest is history and probably one of the most enjoyable halves of football I've ever witnessed.

What was the name of that keeper that night, remember a stunning save from a Ziege free kick late on, and was he from Faroe Islands or Iceland?

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Barton's against Spurs away FA cup in "that game" was the most memorable for me. I'll never forget that night sat in the boozer 3-0 down and as players walk off half-time ref gives a red to Joey, thought we were going to lose 10-0 as rags across from me were giving it some....the rest is history and probably one of the most enjoyable halves of football I've ever witnessed.

What was the name of that keeper that night, remember a stunning save from a Ziege free kick late on, and was he from Faroe Islands or Iceland?
Arason, Icelandic i think!

moon said:
BLUEYESTU said:
Wasn't his final game but he did do that we were away got 3 teams in my head Wimbledon Palace or Watford

Pretty sure it was Wimbledon, Monday night game, we lost 2-1.

Inter Me Nan said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:

Arason, Icelandic i think!
That's the one Arni Arason and you are right he was Icelandic, but didn't we have a Faroe Island keeper on our books at one stage?

Googled it Gunnar Nielsen, only left 2012, thought he was with us years ago

Just a quick look at the posts. Apologies if I've missed it..

What about Ben Thatchers red against Portsmouth , can't remember the victims name,
Didn't he get 6 or so extra games ban because it was that bad..?
Classic red card... !!!!
Five live were still talking about it week later, while stuck in the car park after a game, I tried to get on air to defend our lad...
Even their producer knew it was a piss take, I said..
" the media have gone way over the top with bens tackle, at worsted , it was a little late & a little clumsy"...
The producer just said, no your not going on live with that rubbish".......... "some people are so touchy"..!!!!

Thanks joe said:
Just a quick look at the posts. Apologies if I've missed it..

What about Ben Thatchers red against Portsmouth , can't remember the victims name,
Didn't he get 6 or so extra games ban because it was that bad..?
Classic red card... !!!!
Five live were still talking about it week later, while stuck in the car park after a game, I tried to get on air to defend our lad...
Even their producer knew it was a piss take, I said..
" the media have gone way over the top with bens tackle, at worsted , it was a little late & a little clumsy"...
The producer just said, no your not going on live with that rubbish".......... "some people are so touchy"..!!!!

He actually got a YELLOW

Wierd one was Distin at Chelsea, Drogba handballed and smashed past Weaver, team all ran to linesman and Distin as captain went over sent team away and as Captain tried to deal with it, but he had hold of ball, Rob Styles wouldnt speak to him till he gave ball back, Distin refused and got 2nd yellow, our gutless manager at the time refused to condemn ref but then again he cared more about the upcoming England job at the time, didnt you Stuart?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.