Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bony signs - official

Wilfried Bony Will Earn Extra £20,000 Every Time He Plays For Manchester City

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/01/15/wilfried-bony-will-earn-extra-20000-every-time-he-plays-for-manchester-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/01/15 ... ster-city/</a>

According to the source, in addition to his £100,000-a-week salary, Bony will earn an additional £20,000 every time he steps onto the field. The 26-year-old striker secured the appearance fee after being denied a higher salary by the champions.

City will also pay the Swans an additional £3m – taking the total value of the transfer to £28m – if Bony features in a certain percentage of matches and the club win every domestic honour plus the European Cup during his time at the club.

Bony, who has signed a 4½-year contract and will wear the No14 shirt, told the club website: “It’s a great feeling for me, it’s a big honour to be here and it’s a great challenge.

“As a player it’s always good to be part of one of the biggest clubs in the world and it’s a good opportunity for me to be in that situation now – I’m really proud.

“I felt excited to wait for this moment and now it’s come, it’s fantastic. I think it’s a great decision for me – Manchester City is in the Champions League.

“You remember at the end of last season I said that if I want to move it will be to a team in the competition because it’s a great tournament that I really want to play in and one that I want to win.

“It’s a motivation for me to give my maximum to be in that place. City is a big club with great players with a lot of experience; I believe we can do it.”

Welcome, Wilfried. It's great that you're now a member of the Champions' squad.

However, I find it very frustrating that we're going to have to wait weeks before we see you wearing the sacred shirt at Etihad.

Still, patience is a virtue and all good things come to those who wait.

I'm certain you'll be a huge success here and quickly establish yourself as a fans' favourite.

Vienna_70 said:

However, I find it very frustrating that we're going to have to wait weeks before we see you wearing the sacred shirt at Etihad.

I'm certain you'll be a huge success here and quickly establish yourself as a fans' favourite.

I'll bet10 £, that other fans will say: Why did Bony not play for you in january, bench-product!

Bruun said:
Vienna_70 said:

I'll bet10 £, that other fans will say: Why did Bony not play for you in january, bench-product!
true :-)

bluechampion7891 said:
if he;s left handed how can he be right-footed?

He's ambidextrous, but there will always be one "favorite".

Ducado said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
Fantastic signing, proven track record in the prem and whenever we played Swansea it was him who I hoped would not be playing against us.

Well done to our club for getting the deal done, and I bet he bags a hat-tick against the manure in April LOL

Could not agree more, a great signing and one I hoped we would make
I guess I again fall in the minority who does not like this signing. It smells of Status Quo :(

But now that he's here, hope he goes on and bgs a shit load of goals for us. But again, just like in the summer, I wouldn't have gone this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.