Serial Killer at large in Manchester?

I've posted on here before that it seems dodgy that so many bodies are being fished out of the canals of Manchester, but I was listening to some guy on the radio not too long ago who said that, given the length of canals in the area, the number of deaths is in line with the expected rate for water born fatalities.

That is all well and good, and it may well be a statistical fact, but I would question why so many people in Manchester wantonly leap to their deaths on their own.

There are so many coroners reports that don't have any logical reason why the deceased would want to kill themselves, and the families are at a loss to explain why it should happen.

Hardly a week goes by without a body being recovered from a stretch of water somewhere.

All the unfortunate people that die in our canals just fall in, with no suspicious circumstances!

Maybe they do. Maybe they don't.

lots of very drunk people + lots of canals = coincidence

Some people need to watch less American cop shows on TV

And I am sure if you used Bird's Accident Ratio Triangle we are probably well down on the number of fatalities that you could expect

I gave up on the idea of 'Jack The Dipper' a while ago, I would however be interested to see the comparison of 'dipper deaths' in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s & 00s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.