Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen him play since his injury. This could backfire, the last thing we need at United is another crock. As long as we don't put all our eggs in one basket i'll be happy.

How to counter a signing like this:

Verratti - better than the current Gundogan, but an impossible dream?

Koke - Atletico plan to move him to central mid next season, a position where he'll become one of the best midfielders of the next half decade because of his excellent mix of technique + workrate. Maybe possible depending on his intentions (has a release clause).

Pogba is a different kettle of fish. He's a great player but not a real ball-playing midfielder. WE NEED A BALL-PLAYING MIDFIELDER! This is urgent, Yaya is the only one who can do that for us right now so if we can't sign one, then we either have to keep Yaya or become a less possession oriented team. If the above aren't possible, then Gundogan - who obviously is available - would have been an ideal signing. I struggle to think of many others... possibly Pjanic but I'm not sure he would deal with the intensity of the PL as well as the others. Modric would be a good short-term fix for a few years but wouldn't help with our quest to reduce squad age.

According to think its ajogo and abola Portuguese media we want/looking at Hector Herrera and his team mate Yacine Brahimi this weekend from yes u guessed it Porto lol.

Creswell, J. Rodriguez, Wilshere.

vs

Depay, Clyne, Gundogan.

The joke is that the former trio wouldnt be any cheaper despite the difference of quality.

Txiki must think a lot before he acts this summer. He has to get it right starting from the manager.

We might have FFP shackles off this summer but we still could sign the wrong players for big amounts and that would set us back instantly.

LoveCity said:

Verratti - better than the current Gundogan, but an impossible dream?

Koke - Atletico plan to move him to central mid next season, a position where he'll become one of the best midfielders of the next half decade because of his excellent mix of technique + workrate. Maybe possible depending on his intentions (has a release clause).

Pogba is a different kettle of fish. He's a great player but not a real ball-playing midfielder. WE NEED A BALL-PLAYING MIDFIELDER! This is urgent, Yaya is the only one who can do that for us right now so if we can't sign one, then we either have to keep Yaya or become a less possession oriented team. If the above aren't possible, then Gundogan - who obviously is available - would have been an ideal signing. I struggle to think of many others... possibly Pjanic but I'm not sure he would deal with the intensity of the PL as well as the others. Modric would be a good short-term fix for a few years but wouldn't help with our quest to reduce squad age.

I would still take only Pogba,if it came to that. Because at this moment the only players we have been consistently and recently linked with are Barkley and De Bruyne (and sterling to a lesser extent)

None of those fill you with immediate confidence. We need a top top name.

LoveCity said:

Verratti - better than Gundogan, but an impossible dream?

I don't ever see PSG and City doing a transfer for one of ours or their star players, I think there will politics involved with each of the owners in regards to a sort of in house footballing rivalry in that if you know what I mean, Abu Dhabi v Qatar etc...

I agree about Pogba, for me he is the perfect Yaya replacement, the rampaging midfielder who links defence and attack, but deep lying playmaker he isn't, and that's where Gundogan would have been perfect.

If we signed Pogba it would be the biggest transfer coup in the clubs history considering the other clubs competing for his signature, the deal to get him is going to be an immensely challenging one.

Koke I want but with Atletico now having money pumped into them through Chinese investment, you question whether he would want to leave at all.

Blue warrior said:
According to think its ajogo and abola Portuguese media we want/looking at Hector Herrera and his team mate Yacine Brahimi this weekend from yes u guessed it Porto lol.

Both were bang average against Bayern.

Mexicans in cold English weather as well, not convinced, huge risk.

sam-caddick said:
Damanino said:
With Yaya, Lampard, Milner all leaving we need some serious midfield signings. Not only one.

We need a new central midfield in my opinion.

If we are talking in regards of winning the Champions League then Fernandinho should now be an impact sub and Fernando and Yaya need to be sold.

I think Txiki has to try and pull of a deal for one of Pogba or Koke as our main big time midfield signing, but knowing us we will go of Barkley and Wilshire.

I agree that we need a new central midfield. But at a stretch you can have fernandinho as a starter, if he has a quality all round player like Koke as a partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.