Ever caught out so called City fans ?

oakiecokie said:
Don`t they just make you smile.Not for the first time I`ve encountered them and I wonder if they would ever use the term "fan" had we still won fuck all over the past 5 seasons ?
Playing dominoes in my local last night we happened to sit next to a couple of oldish guys who saw my City polo shirt and one couldn`t help himself in giving it big time "I was there,there and there when this,this and this happened",when you know its a complete bag of bollocks.
My conclusions finally hit home when one guy,who had moved to Bristol some 30 years ago,came up with ... "ye I was there that day at City when Glyn Pardoe broke his leg ... I used to play crown green bowls at Over Rec with Glyn Pardoe and Alan Oakes ...".
Oh dear,not the best bull shit to come out with,especially when Alan Oakes brother is sat with us and questioned him on other City related facts,which the soft sod couldn`t or didn`t understand.
When I finally revealed to this so called City fan,who Ken (Alans brother) was,excuses galore came tumbling out of his gob and within 5 minutes they fucked off and drank a t the bar.
Don`t you just love `em.
Any one else bumped into bull shitters like this ?

John Foster was kind of related to me when he was at City and Jim Melrose is a good mate of mine.

My son (20's) had stayed on base due to the shifts he was working one weekend early this season and was watching one of our away games in a pub in the Oxford area in his '99 yellow/blue stripe Wembley shirt when a guy came chatting to him after my lad was the only person to cheer a City goal.

He then proceeded to come out with the usual life long fan (50+), ex season ticket holder, been here, there and everywhere following us etc and then asked my lad which teams shirt was he wearing and was it a Newcastle away top.

I've had a couple of d1cks trying to tell me in pubs "I'm a bigger/better City fan than you" because "I've supported them longer" when these morons were older than me!! Not that I was even trying to start a competition or anything, they just started going on "I was there in 78 when blah blah blah" "I chased Millwall off London bridge blah blah blah"

I was born in 82, logic would dicate if you were born before then you probably have a good chance of being a fan longer! I just must be a Johnny-come-lately as I didn't support City before I was born!!

gazworrall78 said:
oakiecokie said:
Don`t they just make you smile.Not for the first time I`ve encountered them and I wonder if they would ever use the term "fan" had we still won fuck all over the past 5 seasons ?
Playing dominoes in my local last night we happened to sit next to a couple of oldish guys who saw my City polo shirt and one couldn`t help himself in giving it big time "I was there,there and there when this,this and this happened",when you know its a complete bag of bollocks.
My conclusions finally hit home when one guy,who had moved to Bristol some 30 years ago,came up with ... "ye I was there that day at City when Glyn Pardoe broke his leg ... I used to play crown green bowls at Over Rec with Glyn Pardoe and Alan Oakes ...".
Oh dear,not the best bull shit to come out with,especially when Alan Oakes brother is sat with us and questioned him on other City related facts,which the soft sod couldn`t or didn`t understand.
When I finally revealed to this so called City fan,who Ken (Alans brother) was,excuses galore came tumbling out of his gob and within 5 minutes they fucked off and drank a t the bar.
Don`t you just love `em.
Any one else bumped into bull shitters like this ?

John Foster was kind of related to me when he was at City and Jim Melrose is a good mate of mine.

So since he left City, John Foster is no longer related to you?

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.