Ever caught out so called City fans ?

Vienna_70 said:
oakiecokie said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Unless he's moved Alan lives on one side and Glyn on the other of the main rd through davenham

Glyn lives in Middlewich and has done for more than 20 years.

I used to work with a lad who, in his younger days, was taken to Maine Road regularly by Glyn.

;)

Scaring Europe to Death said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
East Level 2 said:
For years we had City fans spouting bollocks about us being top at Christmas before going down against Luton.
You still find the odd clown that believes this.
We were top after three games that season.

Funny how I can instantly recall that it was Norwich, Stoke and Watford (Bobby Mac in goal), yet I can't remember where I've put my car keys.

Oh, and City scored from a corner against Watford.

norwich away..big dave cross..and had tueart come back by then?

dennishasdoneit said:
We were top after three games that season.

Funny how I can instantly recall that it was Norwich, Stoke and Watford (Bobby Mac in goal), yet I can't remember where I've put my car keys.

Oh, and City scored from a corner against Watford.

norwich away..big dave cross..and had tueart come back by then?
Came back early 1980 IIRC and left in 83.

Ok. I attended all three games.

Cross definitely scored at Norwich, and also at home to Stoke., where he netted with a late clip over the keeper, (which I think was at the North Stand end, but if somebody confirms the Platt Lane, I'll reluctantly backtrack)

Watford is the game that I remember, mainly because I was in the Platt Lane when Corrigan got injured. Bobby Macdonald went in goal. and Tueart scored the winner from a near post flick-on at a corner, in front of the Platt Lane.

Ok. I attended all three games.

Cross definitely scored at Norwich, and also at home to Stoke., where he netted with a late clip over the keeper, (which I think was at the North Stand end, but if somebody confirms the Platt Lane, I'll reluctantly backtrack)

Watford is the game that I remember, mainly because I was in the Platt Lane when Corrigan got injured. Bobby Macdonald went in goal. and Tueart scored the winner from a near post flick-on at a corner, in front of the Platt Lane.
The home Stoke game I remember very well. Mark Chamberlain looked like a world beater that night.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I have and I did, yer silly bugger! Yer havin' a de niro moment, D. Yer came down from the Gods this season and introduced yerself to me. Have a word with de niro, see what he's taking!
I was only pulling your leg.

It was actually the last game of last season, when we won the league :-)

Last season, was it? Having me own de niro moment!!

Probably 1934, that's why you're having trouble with the memory ;-)

i dont know how people remember so much. my head is well shedded when it comes to individual games. euro aways are worse, people say things about certain games or towns and i am fucked if i know what they are on about. i think i have to accept i'm losing my marbles.

de niro said:
I'm a newish blue but I have done my research in order to make them believe I'm a long time fan. people don't believe I was the driver of the removal van in the move from Hyde road.

Liar I was a young porter on that van and I don't remember you :-)

oakiecokie said:
dobobobo said:
Compulsive Rambler said:
I've missed the point.... Well I also made a point that you may remember an event in a complete different way, with your own perspective.
I'm just going off my previous experiences where I've spoken with fellow Blues and they've literally tested my knowledge on something city related, i'm literally mumbling and not having a clue what they're referring to and they could possibly be then thinking: who the fuvk is this johnny come lately? he wasn't here when we were shit blahdeblah.

The term "shit" irritates me as even though say under Pearce the football wasn't as good as it is now, rarely ever scoring, I enjoyed the fact I had somewhere to escape from my parents house as a kid, and could get in for free/cheap as chips. I thought it was great :D
Wasn't shit at all. Now I'm paying £600 for the SC and £XXXX on away trips it's shit :D

Yeah but I'm sure oakiecokie isn't referring to those people. It's the type of people that if it aint football it's pretty much any subject they think will make them sound clever, and most likely talk non stop, and will twist what you say when you get a word in edgeways, etc. Thank fuck for smartphones because as soon as I come across them fuckers now, it's phone out and the c**t ignored to bore someone else.

You are quite correct ddd.Fuck me at 64 I couldn`t tell you who scored what,when and how 40 years ago or even 5 years ago in most matches.Forgetfulness is far far different than complete bullshit.
It's only fair to point out too that a lot of us don't expect a random quiz on the event afterwards.
Take today's opponents: I couldn't name their scorers in that game to save my life. Does it make me feel any less of a Blue? Does it f**k as like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.