Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
OB1 said:
So the clueless clown and his disastrous season have us finishing as runners-up.

Let's hope he goes one better next season.
Title challenge being over in Feb is fuck all to brag abt
Seems like our little winning streak at the end has made all things good again...

now-comes-the-part-where-we-throw-our-heads-back-in-laughter.gif

blueinsa said:
The cookie monster said:
OB1 said:
So the clueless clown and his disastrous season have us finishing as runners-up.

Seems like our little winning streak at the end has made all things good again...

now-comes-the-part-where-we-throw-our-heads-back-in-laughter.gif

That made me smile.

To be fair if you look at it in the cold light of day

Pellers has been here two seasons

In the first he won us the double and in the second we finished 2nd in the Premier League.

It's quite shocking that we are even questioning him

Goes to show how much fans expect these days

blueinsa said:
The cookie monster said:
OB1 said:

Like a bad fucking smell.......

"Wont finish in the top 4" you and others like you cried yet here we are with one game to go and we sit guaranteed 2nd and all you can do is fucking moan.

Do us all a favour and go do it on your own fucking forum where you can all whine like the bitches you are without bothering the rest of us.

You seem obsessed with posters going on dif forums, its all you ever go on abt, let it go ffs, oh and show me a post where I said we wont get top 4?......go on big mouth?
Stick to the streams and slagging players off sunshine..

Edit

Looks like I caught your post before you edited it, sad bastard..

The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
The cookie monster said:

Like a bad fucking smell.......

"Wont finish in the top 4" you and others like you cried yet here we are with one game to go and we sit guaranteed 2nd and all you can do is fucking moan.

Do us all a favour and go do it on your own fucking forum where you can all whine like the bitches you are without bothering the rest of us.

You seem obsessed with posters going on dif forums, its all you ever go on abt, let it go ffs, oh and show me a post where I said we wont get top 4?......go on big mouth?
Stick to the streams and slagging players off sunshine..

Edit

Looks like I caught your post before you edited it, sad bastard..

I edited it because laughing at you is far more appropriate.

Enjoy the day, I know I will as its a great time to be a blue!

Damocles said:
We have conceded the same amount of goals as we did last season with 2 less clean sheets.

However we have scored 20 goals less.

But criticising our attack instead of defence would require independent thinking rather than a parroting of some pundit or blogger so I can see why it's beyond some posters.

LOL. So we score the most goals, again, and it's the attackers fault that Chelsea won the league?

Nobody doubts that if we score 100+ in a season we have got a good chance of winning the PL.
It shouldn't be a bloody necessity though.

The principal reason we won the league last year was that Liverpool's defence was even dodgier than ours.
They scored 1 PL goal less than us.

BillyShears said:
The Anyone But Pellegrini brigade are in for a long 12 months.
And so are the rest of us. A top 2 finish considering where we were a month ago is a minor achievement, we should though have done better overall. Had Stoke and Burnley at home been wins, we'd have been going into the weekend with a chance, add Burnley away, and we'd be favourites, small margins really, but to gain only 1 point from Burnley, and them get 4 of their 30 off us, isn't really good enough.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Damocles said:
We have conceded the same amount of goals as we did last season with 2 less clean sheets.

But criticising our attack instead of defence would require independent thinking rather than a parroting of some pundit or blogger so I can see why it's beyond some posters.

LOL. So we score the most goals, again, and it's the attackers fault that Chelsea won the league?

Nobody doubts that if we score 100+ in a season we have got a good chance of winning the PL.

The principal reason we won the league last year was that Liverpool's defence was even dodgier than ours.

It's a case of defence vs attack.

Stoke City H 0-1
West Ham United A 1-2
Queen's Park Rangers A 2-2
Burnley H 2-2
Hull City H 1-1
Burnley A 0-1
Crystal Palace A 1-2

Scoring one more goal in each of these games would have given us 10 more points.
Conceding one less goal in each of those games would have also given us 10 more points.

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
The Anyone But Pellegrini brigade are in for a long 12 months.
And so are the rest of us. A top 2 finish considering where we were a month ago is a minor achievement, we should though have done better overall. Had Stoke and Burnley at home been wins, we'd have been going into the weekend with a chance, add Burnley away, and we'd be favourites, small margins really, but dt gain only 1 point from Burnley, and them get 4 of their 30 off us, isn't really good enough.

It's difficult to assess Chelsea's form now that they have won the title but personally I think that they would have cracked earlier
had we put them under pressure. That's what's so frustrating: I don't think Chelsea are that good but we made it easy for them.

Shirley said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Damocles said:

It's a case of defence vs attack.

Stoke City H 0-1
West Ham United A 1-2
Queen's Park Rangers A 2-2
Burnley H 2-2
Hull City H 1-1
Burnley A 0-1
Crystal Palace A 1-2

Scoring one more goal in each of these games would have given us 10 more points.
Conceding one less goal in each of those games would have also given us 10 more points.

Interesting when you look at it that way. I've posted before that I think the 2011-12 team was better than the 2013-14
version. In 2011-12 we scored the most goals, conceded the fewest and gained 89 points. It's all about balance.

There will be times, especially against the top teams in the CL, when we don't have the ball for long periods of time.
If we can't defend properly we have no hope of improving in the CL.

For me the whole debate about Pellegrini is about progression. I think he's done a good job over the two years
but like Mancini before him I think his time has come. Really if we want him to continue next season we have to
extend his contract and I just don't think we will do it or should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.