Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
jrb said:
Daily Fail season review, team by team.

Managers.

oKJiBhO.jpg

8spE5ms.jpg

So there you have it. Van Gall get's given a £160mill war chest, get's united to 4th, and only makes the CL play off.

Pellers and the club had their spending restricted by Platini and UEFA, but the team still finished 2nd, 9 points in front of United.
Tbh that's some rating he's given pellegrini
4 or a 5 tops.

franksinatra said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
jrb said:

Managers.

oKJiBhO.jpg

8spE5ms.jpg

So there you have it. Van Gall get's given a £160mill war chest, get's united to 4th, and only makes the CL play off.

Pellers and the club had their spending restricted by Platini and UEFA, but the team still finished 2nd, 9 points in front of United.
I wonder what the scores would be if we'd finished fourth and they'd finished second.

"For the money they've spent", fourth and 17 points off the title is an utterly pitiful return. 7/10 ffs.

Also they have gone from 7th to 4th while we have gone from 1st to 2nd. You may not agree with it but it is just an alternative opinion to your own. Hardly any evidence of an agenda

Please tell me you don't honestly believe any of that you have just written....please?

7th to 4th pmsl

blueinsa said:
jrb said:

Managers.

oKJiBhO.jpg

8spE5ms.jpg

I wonder what the scores would be if we'd finished fourth and they'd finished second.

"For the money they've spent", fourth and 17 points off the title is an utterly pitiful return. 7/10 ffs.

Small time cunts set small time targets.

I'm happy the rags are pleased with 4th after spending so much, I really am.

Insignificant, small time cunts!
I agree with this poster. Especially the small-time cunts bit.

franksinatra said:

Also they have gone from 7th to 4th while we have gone from 1st to 2nd. You may not agree with it but it is just an alternative opinion to your own. Hardly any evidence of an agenda
What respective marks out of ten would you give City and united - and why?

I actually think 6.5/10 for Pellers is fair. I think he has got things drastically wrong in some big games and for me it never feels like this season has really got going.

As for TT, he just about dragged the most expensive side ever assembled to 4th place. They got knocked out of the LC by MK Dons 4-0 and got beat at home by Arsenal in the FA Cup. Put all that together and the media and their fans think its been a good season. They are a long ball shit house team who rely on a thug to drag them back into games. They are about to lose their most important player to Madrid and will not be able to replace him. So if that warrants a 7/10 let em have it as they are a fucking million miles from us in what we consider a pretty average season.

blueinsa said:
franksinatra said:

Please tell me you don't honestly believe any of that you have just written....please?

7th to 4th pmsl

2nd lowest ever points total in the PL for the rags too. Plus Woodward said 9 months ago that a top 3 finish was TT's minimum target for the season. What a fucking achievement.

willipp said:
franksinatra said:
What respective marks out of ten would you give City and united - and why?

I actually think 6.5/10 for Pellers is fair. I think he has got things drastically wrong in some big games and for me it never feels like this season has really got going.

As for TT, he just about dragged the most expensive side ever assembled to 4th place. They got knocked out of the LC by MK Dons 4-0 and got beat at home by Arsenal in the FA Cup. Put all that together and the media and their fans think its been a good season. They are a long ball shit house team who rely on a thug to drag them back into games. They are about to lose their most important player to Madrid and will not be able to replace him. So if that warrants a 7/10 let em have it as they are a fucking million miles from us in what we consider a pretty average season.
Given that I've said this season was a 7/10 for us on another thread it would be churlish of me to argue with 6.5, which is fair enough. As you allude to, however, the notion that united have had a better season than us, given the eye-watering sums spent on a squad that were Champions two years ago, is utterly fucking comical and typical of the nauseating fawning that is routinely displayed towards that club.

They only got a handful more points than they did under Moyes with the most expensive squad in English football history ffs.

blueinsa said:
franksinatra said:

7th to 4th pmsl
You've got to laugh!

Both times we've won the league we have been criticised for not winning it by a bigger margin, as in "all that money they spent then they should have walked the league". For the rags it's a top 4 finish equals mission accomplished.

The media's default setting is downplay our achievements and talk up our failings while trumpeting the rags efforts at every opportunity.

Sir Kun Aguero said:
Sorry, I didn't know which thread to post this in but I need to ask everyone a question.
I have been a City fan for about 10 years now (yes, before the takeover) and I chose City because I wanted a different club to support other than the rags, which most of my friends supported and I couldn't stand the rags.
Now I'm from Wales and there's not many City fans from Wales, but I love City, I really do. They give me a feeling nothing else can. Watching us win, lose or draw is the highest privilege I could have but I want to know, a lot of people see me as the 'plastic' fan and think I only support City since the glory, and it really pisses me off to be honest. I honestly don't think I'm a plastic fan but what are your guys opinions?
Cheers

I have always been a City fan because my dad was so I really did not have a choice.
Like you most of my friends supported United but my dad told me it was character building to support City, how right he was.

Originally I found it strange that our UK appeal happens because my experience is that most people support their local team or the team nearest to their home because TV football is a relatively recent thing so exposure was limited to the local Evening Chronicle and the red football special newspaper on saturdays.

Our owner is trying to change our appeal to interface with CFG's global appeal so he may frankly be too late to influence non Manchester fans in the UK who witnessed the glory days for other teams on TV especially in CL where most wanted English success against foreign teams.

Tapping into this type of supporter is difficult except for those that support others because they had a little 'reflected glory; when success occurs.
My own experience is that here in Yorkshire the support for MUFC by our locals changed significantly last year in that they fell out with football and changed to Rugby or Cricket or even Formula 1. United are desperately trying to get these back but will only do this with success on the field.

Obviously this thread highlights the way that the media generally knows where it can tune into its best customer base by giving them the news that they want to hear by exaggerating say MUFC achievements whilst denigrating or ignoring City achievements. I cannot blame them because they need to sell newspapers etc. so the truth may be counter productive.

You are the newer breed of supporter that we have so I think you have to understand our resentment and perhaps like most on this thread decide which newspapers or TV programs you want to watch because everyone of our reading choices will have a financial agenda that unfortunately skews the truth.
Currently we are experiencing sins of omission by them all so we feel a little upset that the superiority shown by say Aguero and Hart is not celebrated in a fair way with others who were not as successful getting the accolades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.