City pub in leigh

Try the litten tree in Leigh town centre. I think a good number of blues go in there and was told a supporters club met there but not sure about the latter.

I've lived in Astley for 25 years and still haven't found one that I'm particularly comfortable in watching City. Obviously rugby's the main draw but there's lots of rags and quite a few dippers who moved out before they got caught, I see more 'City Blue' than I used to but we're still heavily out numbered. On the rare occasion I do venture into a pub to watch football, The Bowling Green near Green Lane Chippy is ok, or the Canal Turn, but don't expect a warm reception if we win.
The George and Dragon in the town center always has a few blues in and you can get a pint for under £2.00. The Bond St club next to the Cenotaph usually has all the matches on the foreign tele too and is a decent boozer.

There aren't any really. You might get a few (literally a few) blues at best in a pub when we're playing, just as you'd get the same amount of everton fans or wigan or someone, but there isn't a city pub as such and I doubt there ever will be.

I think there's a subby club in Astley that is a city supporters club which might be a better bet, but I've never been there myself.

As @leighcitizen says bond street isn't a bad bet although if it's a Saturday then horse racing may take precedence!

Funnily enough i've never asked this despite moving to Leigh 2 years ago. I live around the corner from the Canal Turn, but either watch at home or go back to Middleton and watch in either the Oddies or the Brunswick.
This. ^ avoid carsons like the plague though unless you put 1kg of coke up your nose during the match ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.