Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's impressive. Even for a highlights reel

Seems to be a complete defender

It highlights a lot of situations where he's running backwards towards his own goal, with little support, a situation our defenders constantly find themselves in, and he Is very good at it. He's also really good at anticipating danger, which is why he's always in position to make those acrobatic clearances and blocks - basically the thing Mangala seems to lack.

This would be a really interesting transfer because he'd be able to do the screening/blocking job that Lescott did for Vinny, but he's also got a longstanding partnership with Mangala (and Zaba).

Having him as a first choice CB could be the way to get the best out of Vinny again , and let us see Mangala in the form that made him worth 32m when Vinny is inevitably injured for 1/4 of the season.

Otamendi would be a fantastic addition. Guy is a VERY competent defender which can definitely help the squad become better.

Surely it means MDM goes if this guy comes in.

This guy will come because they owe us money on the beast and it solves a problem for them and he wants out. Personally still thought mangala looked a bit iffy vs west brom so hope he comes.

This guy will come because they owe us money on the beast and it solves a problem for them and he wants out. Personally still thought mangala looked a bit iffy vs west brom so hope he comes.

I agree with all this (although I thought manga was decent in a game where he wasn't tested) but that still means 1 CB must go. We aren't going to carry 5 and the idea of Demi in midfield terrifies me, unless it's just to kill the game with 10 to go.

He does not look that tall for a CH? If we were to get him could he play the holding role in front of Kompany and Mangala?

Must admit, my concerns about our defence have not evaporated after the Albion game. Tomorrow is more a true indication of where we are. Just hope the Mangler has as good a game as he had v Chelsea at home last year,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.