City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

Well , who said "booing would achieve nothing"?
Boo the bastards all the more now. They are opposed to free speech as well as being bent as fuck. Booooooo

One of the most ridiculous things I have heard a team being charged over. But no offence to City fans, but it is a pretty classless thing to boo the Anthem of the most prestigious sporting competition, bar the World Cup. Players, managers, fans all over Europe dream to hear the anthem playing in their stadium.

But anyways, UEFA are stupid for fining City for this.

Personally, I boo because of your clubs pathetic attitude towards racism which subsequently resulted in many city fans losing money for pre-booked accommodation and flights to a game they could no longer attend. We then witnessed your fans stood in the stadium openly drinking and supporting the team without any repercussions. Fook Uefa, Fook Platini and Fook CSKA!

I think we should avoid bringing FFP stuff into this. We don’t get much sympathy from the wider footballing world about FFP but the CSKA away debacle was and remains outrages conduct by UEFA. As does there general appalling record on handing out fines and being corrupt to the core. Stick to those issues and the rest of the world of football will get behind us.

I don't really care whether the rest of the world of football get behind us or not, fuck em. UEFA have systematically set out to stop City's progress at every possible turn, it's an organised campaign to protect the established clubs and keep City down. UEFA's flawed, corrupt, protectionist FFP rules are a large part of why people boo, as is the treatment of our fans who wanted to go to Moscow, and the smack on the wrist CSKA received for their monkey chanting.

Is there a brighter legal mind out there who can tell me if we, as fans, can take them to the court of human rights over this? I am being serious. I believe they have pushed it too far this time.

You would have to prove how your rights are being restricted, as it is the club that will get fined it is a grey area of the law. The club could challenge it and would have a strong case but then you are back in to the mess of biting the hand that feeds you.

I think we should avoid bringing FFP stuff into this. We don’t get much sympathy from the wider footballing world about FFP but the CSKA away debacle was and remains outrages conduct by UEFA. As does there general appalling record on handing out fines and being corrupt to the core. Stick to those issues and the rest of the world of football will get behind us.

To give just two examples, when FFP was being introduced Michel Platini gave a speech to the European parliament seeking to justify it, in which he specifically referenced City's pursuit of Kaka and said that this could not continue. When europe's elite are in trouble and need investment, FFP rules are mysteriously relaxed.

When City officials met with UEFA officials to discuss compliance, they were repeatedly assured that City would comply with FFP. By changing the goalposts UEFA opened the door to a £50m fine and a squad restriction in the CL. Those measures had a direct impact upon our performance last season.

We don't get much sympathy from the rest of football about FFP because the rest of football probably doesn't understand why City fans feel that we have been specifically targeted by UEFA and FFP. Perhaps the publicity that will surround this ludicrous action will serve as a form of education.

I'm sure we could argue we haven't fulfilled the directions of any potential offence - did we throw it into turmoil, interrupt its progress or break or split it - I think not!
disrupt (dɪsˈrʌpt )
Definitions
verb
  1. (transitive) to throw into turmoil or disorder
  2. (transitive) to interrupt the progress of (a movement, meeting, etc)
  3. to break or split (something) apart

Yes! Surely there is some sort of legal action we can take if they fine us over this. Has to be a human rights/ freedom of speech issue here

An english journo asked mp about us booing the anthem in the pre match conference,i wonder if they decided to try and punish us as it was highlighted by the press

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.