Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the almost total lack of football Demichelis has received would it really have been in Denayer's, and City's, best interests to keep him around the squad this season and let Demichelis go? He's made 4 first team appearances this season in 18 games, you are clearly beside yourself with rage that Brandon Barker hasn't been given a first team appearance yet so I shudder to think how you'd be reacting if we'd kept Denayer around and used him as our 4th choice centre half, like we are doing with Demichelis.

Denayer would be playing regularly at fullback & competing for first choice at cb.

Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis could be set for a return to Argentina with Rosario Central in January, sources have told ESPN FC.

If this is true then can we recall denayer in jan

I boubt Denayer would have played much if he was here. Sagna has been excellant particularly in the opening run and Mangala also looked good in those games. Otamendi has forced his way in. Zaba is on his way back.

Denayer is better of playing week in week out. Next year will be his time and even then he will have to take oportunities where he can and hit the ground running. He will have two season of decent football under hgis belt by then so he should be ready.

Denayer would be playing regularly at fullback & competing for first choice at cb.

Tbh, i'm very pro-Denayer and I agree with your overall sentiment in general, but I don't think he'd be playing at fullback. I don't think Pellers would have played him there, and I don't think Sagna would have been rotated. He'd not have gotten in ahead of Ota, VK, Mangala and Demi yet either in Pellers eyes.

In your opinion. Clearly the club didn't feel he was at that point yet. I'm all for academy products making it to our first team, and I think we've got some talented players coming through, but you seem to think we've got a plethora of youth talent all ready to be given first team football in one of the best sides in European football, many of whom have had absolutely zero first team football at any level. It's just entirely unrealistic. I fully expect Denayer to be part of our squad next season, as by then he'll have 2 full seasons of first team football under his belt (in Scotland and Turkey) as well as further European experience, and a few more international caps. That doesn't mean he'd be playing regularly, not in his best position (fullback) for City this season if he'd stayed, or competing with the likes of Kompany, Otamendi and Mangala for our first choice centre half, in fact that statement is just unbelievably over optimistic. Competing with Kompany and Otamendi for first choice? Really? You're talking about seasoned internationals, players who are recognised as 2 of the best centre halves around, and probably the best centre half pairing in the Premier League.

Otamendi is proving a good signing, against my judgement, but it was pretty obvious that Denayer could have stayed, & we would now have a spare place in the Champs Lg squad.

He's been sacrificed in favour of Demichelis.

Mate give your head a wobble. No matter what the situation is I reckon you'd be having a whinge. We loan Denayer out - "Why isn't he in the first team?". We retain him in the first team and give him Demichelis' minutes "Why isn't he starting?".

I agree with your previous points on every other thread you've clogged up that Denayer and Barker were probably not happy about being loaned, and would have preferred to stay at City, however if doing so limits their opportunities, then loans are better for their development.

I wrote this on another thread...

I don't think the club should be slated for not passing on the opportunity of signing Otamendi, even if it meant Denayer's progression to the first team was delayed by 12 months.

For example, everyone is better off

• A back four of Kompany, Otamendi, Managala and Demichelis is stronger then a back four of Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis and Denayer. And I think we've seen enough of Otamendi to realise that he has been a great signing.
  • Denayer is getting far more game time at Gala then he would have at City and should develop more as a result - as opposed to being our fourth choice centre half. Currently, Demichelis has only had 171 minutes in the league, and 91 minutes in the CL. Jason has had 323 and 254 minutes respectively. That's the equivalent of four extra games he's played so far which he most likely wouldn't have had had he stayed.
People in this thread were bemoaning that fact that the players need game time. Denayer would have less on field time to develop had he been introduced into the first team. Sending him on loan benefits him - just like with Barker. He needs game time, is obviously not deemed good enough for the first team, yet, and has no been sent on loan to get him the playing time he needs.
I assume after this season Demichelis will make way for him, which also free's up another foreign spot, and hopefully Denayer will be hungry and talented enough to push for a starting spot.

You cannot argue with the facts. You assertion that Denayer would be getting more game time here is not borne out.

If he was a like for like replacement for Demi, which as you say he is as we are sacrificing him for Demi, then he is currently getting more game time at Gala then if he was here. More game time equals better development which you yourself have stated.

You argue that he would be getting enough game time in CB and RB is also ridiculous. To begin with - he's not a starter for Gala. How would he then displace the better defenders in our team if he is not even securing a starting spot consistently at a club,it is fair to say, is not as good as City?

• Zaba and Sagna have been in the top five Premier League right backs for the a good part of the last decade.
  • Demichelis, this season aside, has been arguably our most consistent and trusted defender for the previous two seasons. He has credit in the bank. Pellers is playing him similarly to Lampard last year, as a trusted head to see out games.
  • Kompany when fit is one of the leagues best centre halves.
  • Otamendi has been a fantastic signing, which you yourself admit.
  • Mangala, whilst still adjusting, started the season in imperious form.

Yet somehow you conclude that Denayer will get more game time if we shipped out Demi? Mate, I'm sorry, but it just doesn't stack up.

Yeah Denayer might not be as happy in Gala then here, I'll give you that. But from focusing on what we do actually know, putting all assumptions and ambiguity aside, he is playing more at Gala then he would here, and that is better for his development.

Mate give your head a wobble. No matter what the situation is I reckon you'd be having a whinge. We loan Denayer out - "Why isn't he in the first team?". We retain him in the first team and give him Demichelis' minutes "Why isn't he starting?".

I agree with your previous points on every other thread you've clogged up that Denayer and Barker were probably not happy about being loaned, and would have preferred to stay at City, however if doing so limits their opportunities, then loans are better for their development.

I wrote this on another thread...

You cannot argue with the facts. You assertion that Denayer would be getting more game time here is not borne out.

If he was a like for like replacement for Demi, which as you say he is as we are sacrificing him for Demi, then he is currently getting more game time at Gala then if he was here. More game time equals better development which you yourself have stated.

You argue that he would be getting enough game time in CB and RB is also ridiculous. To begin with - he's not a starter for Gala. How would he then displace the better defenders in our team if he is not even securing a starting spot consistently at a club,it is fair to say, is not as good as City?

• Zaba and Sagna have been in the top five Premier League right backs for the a good part of the last decade.
  • Demichelis, this season aside, has been arguably our most consistent and trusted defender for the previous two seasons. He has credit in the bank. Pellers is playing him similarly to Lampard last year, as a trusted head to see out games.
  • Kompany when fit is one of the leagues best centre halves.
  • Otamendi has been a fantastic signing, which you yourself admit.
  • Mangala, whilst still adjusting, started the season in imperious form.

Yet somehow you conclude that Denayer will get more game time if we shipped out Demi? Mate, I'm sorry, but it just doesn't stack up.

Yeah Denayer might not be as happy in Gala then here, I'll give you that. But from focusing on what we do actually know, putting all assumptions and ambiguity aside, he is playing more at Gala then he would here, and that is better for his development.

I agree that under normal circumstancs, Pellegrini would probably try to bring Bobby Moore back from the dead rather than give Denayer a chance, but in this respect, I'm pretty sure Denayer would be getting game time because he was promised game time in return for signing the contract.

Pellegrini bottled it re central defenders & was left with no alternative but to dump Jason. The position under most pressure has been right back, so I believe even Pellegrini would have realised it was necessary to have backup there (as it still is, Sagna gets injured= big fucking problem, Sagna playing every week= huge chance of getting injured). Put it this way: If Pellegrini couldn't spot, in training every day, week in week out what Galatasray's manager spotted in a day (that JD can play right back)then he doesn't deserve to be manager of such a top club imo.

Simple.

If Sagna gets injured & Maffeo isn't ready, we could end up with a catastrophic problem at right back (which Zabba looks like anyway). If mistakes from that area then costs us points, what seems a casually unimportant decision to some of you, could actually cost Pellegrini his job.

We have no obvious replacement for Sagna, should he get injured, other than Maffeo, who, typically, has never been given a chance & is therefore a complete wild card, as we don't know how he will react/settle, because we have never tried him at a decent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.