Iheanacho or Nasri for CL squad?

Don't know why he's waiting. Nazzers won't be upto steam soon, and it's the perfect opportunity to show the CFA kids where they stand if they have the talent. Iheanacho for Wembley!! Oder Berlin!!

You don't know why he's waiting? Has anyone submitted their squad for the knockout stage yet? Let's say we submitted our squad today and then someone in that list gets an injury that keeps them out for the season, wouldn't be too clever that, would it?

You don't know why he's waiting? Has anyone submitted their squad for the knockout stage yet? Let's say we submitted our squad today and then someone in that list gets an injury that keeps them out for the season, wouldn't be too clever that, would it?

There are provisions for replacements if sides suffer injuries prior to or after the knock out stage commences.

As for Nasri or Nacho if it has to be one of them its a no brainer.

We have KDB , Yaya , Fernando , Silva, Delph , Sterling , Navas , Ferny and even MDM who can fill a role that Nasri might need to take on if fit for the QTR Final and its big if on that.

He might be available for the semi final ( some how I think we will be eliminated in the QTR final at best ) so its not going to impact.

Hopefully Nacho can establish himself as a regular starter next season and as for Samir I suspect he will be moved on in the summer.

Easy decision for me. I suspect Nasri is on his way out now we have KDB and sterling in the squad. It’s already proving difficult to pick the attacking midfielders.

The suspicion in me thinks the club have asked this be put in the public domain when in fact it shouldn't even be a choice between the two. It's a choice between Bony and Nacho and we know which one SHOULD be picked. If you picked 2 of these 3 from the following to play in a final or semi-final; Nasri Bony Nacho..... Bony would be dropped everytime. It's not always about the first KO match, it's about the latter ones too.

There are provisions for replacements if sides suffer injuries prior to or after the knock out stage commences.

As for Nasri or Nacho if it has to be one of them its a no brainer.

We have KDB , Yaya , Fernando , Silva, Delph , Sterling , Navas , Ferny and even MDM who can fill a role that Nasri might need to take on if fit for the QTR Final and its big if on that.

He might be available for the semi final ( some how I think we will be eliminated in the QTR final at best ) so its not going to impact.

Hopefully Nacho can establish himself as a regular starter next season and as for Samir I suspect he will be moved on in the summer.

Wasn't aware of that. Is it stipulated in the rules somewhere?

The suspicion in me thinks the club have asked this be put in the public domain when in fact it shouldn't even be a choice between the two. It's a choice between Bony and Nacho and we know which one SHOULD be picked. If you picked 2 of these 3 from the following to play in a final or semi-final; Nasri Bony Nacho..... Bony would be dropped everytime. It's not always about the first KO match, it's about the latter ones too.

Why would the club do that?

The consensus is rightly for Kelechi to be included given the uncertainties around Samir's recovery and getting back to full match fitness. Also I think it would be great boost for the youngster and cracking experience to be directly involved in such a high level competition.
Sends all the right signals about the club wanting to give youth an opportunity to shine. Also if the lad manages to get some game time at some point that can only be good for his personal technical development.
In the circumstances there can be no sentiment for Samir (disappointing though it is for him to be missing out) as he has a long term injury with no guarantees about when he might be fully fit and available.

Wasn't aware of that. Is it stipulated in the rules somewhere?

If players go down and are unavailable for a game it simply not a matter of replacing all of them with under 21's.

Of course I am assuming the injury is list is at what we would regard as epic proportions.

You have a number allocated but if the injuries are such that you cannot play a starting eleven plus subs then if Nasri was available we could apply for him to be included just as we could use a back up keeper if Joe and Willy were unavailable and we started Wright.

We had 9 first team unavailable at one stage this season all of whom would be selected for Kiev and beyond if we made it that far.

As far as I'm aware, Iheanacho won't need to replace Nasri on the "A" list at all, and we can have both available to us as Iheanacho can now be included on the "B" list. The fact that Brennan states Iheanacho "could replace him" is purely semantics as he can replace Nasri as and when needed on a game by game basis, but Nasri won't need to be excluded from our "A" list in order for that to happen.

According to UEFA Rule 43.11 "A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1994 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption."

Nacho has been with us since January 2014, and therefore, must now be eligible for inclusion on our "B" list.

For reference - UEFA Rule 43.10 - "Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00CET on the day before the match in question."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.