Nicolas Otamendi 2015/16 performances

For his 1 st season in English football and due to injuries (Kompany) and age (MDM) he has played a lot more than was probably planned.

He has done well and as someone has already said, he is the sort of guy you want fighting by your side.

You have obviously never played in defence. As a GK I would love a player like Otamendi in front of me, 100% committed, puts himself on the line, reads the game well (IMO) and carries the ball out of defence rather than just hoofing it into row Z (although there are times when that is the best option). I have seen far worse defenders who have spent years in the premier league (stand up Phil Jagielka). I think he deserves a full season in the premier league before being judged.

It's funny isn't it? Any new striker who scores a few goals in his first season ( e.g. the little urine (sorry pea)) quite often does not do as well in his second, it takes class like Sergio to do it again and again, but they are hailed as the next messiah (cue quote from monty python) A defender however has every mistake pointed out despite the fact that it is his first season in the league and he has to adapt to players and referees. |I think he has done well.
You've clearly never played at CB. The last thing you want is your CB partner being constantly caught out of position or on his arse. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a top class CB. He's only ever looked good a long side vinny and that's because he talks him through the game. He has no leadership qualities what so ever.

You've clearly never played at CB. The last thing you want is your CB partner being constantly caught out of position or on his arse. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a top class CB. He's only ever looked good a long side vinny and that's because he talks him through the game. He has no leadership qualities what so ever.

I agree, he's a goalkeepers nightmare as most attackers go through 1 on 1 or fill the gap he consistently leaves.

As for his passing out of defence and carrying it out, he's made loads of errors thinking he's Xavi on the ball, notably nearly costing us a goal against PSG.

I agree, he's a goalkeepers nightmare as most attackers go through 1 on 1 or fill the gap he consistently leaves.

As for his passing out of defence and carrying it out, he's made loads of errors thinking he's Xavi on the ball, notably nearly costing us a goal against PSG.

I agree with this. People talk about him being a great slide tackler, but the problem is, you can usually guess when the next last ditch slide tackle is coming as it's about 10 seconds after he's carried the ball upfield. You can see the gap he's leaving as it's happening.

I think he possesses some great attributes and maybe we'll get better results under a new coach. He seems reckless to me at times but I suppose it's possible he's just been following instructions and other members of the team were supposed to be filling those gaps. We'll see. I don't think he's going anywhere anyway.

I reckon out of every 10 times he charges out from the defensive line to win the ball, he wins it 9 times and I love him, and the other time he misses, leaves a massive hole, exposes the whole defence and I want to kill him. To be fair it's a very good ratio (which does hold up if you count them in matches), and if he can keep improving his decision making so that he's only missing the ball 1 in 20 times then that's heroic as far as I'm concerned and is a great basis for starting the next attack on the break.
If pep doesn't want him to come out at all then we may as well sell him because that's what he does so well, but if he is happy for him to do it, and try and improve his decision making, then we just need the rest of the defence to be aware and to adapt their shape when he does come out. It can be a real asset if we manage it well, but if we're 2-1 up in the last minute and he decides to come and misses it then he could really mess things up for us. As long as he considers the circumstances like that then he'll continue to be my favourite blue (but you already guessed that right?!)

he will be the key for us to deal with messi , ronaldo or the other skilful striker . his problem is he is not as tall as the other defender .

He's been good this season and will still be here next season unlike mangala

At times he's been an utter liability. He's incapable of staying on his feet and the sight of him floundering on his arse whilst a player skips past him has been an all too frequent one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.