When was the Pep decision made?

the decision was made on a tuesday.... just like most business decisions in football.

Way back in 2012 when we hired Trixi et. all. Wanted Pep when he left Barca... failed... and took Pellers as a place-holder.

This has been in the making for years, everything has been built to this moment, it started with Txiki and Ferran - Txiki wanted to Pep before he went to Bayern but didn't actually make an offer as they wanted to do it the summer Roberto was sacked - by that point Pep had agreed to join Bayern - so no formal offer was made - convently city appointed the manager that Bayern has as second choice to Pep (Manuel) on the same length of contract that Pep had just signed. Txiki said to pep if you want to come to England you know where there is an opportunity - Pep replied "I know, I know, you don't need to keep reminding me) -All from the books on pep which I suggest you read ( Guillem Ballagues and Pep Confidental) great reads to get into the mind of the genius. The reason Manuel was offered an extension was in case Pep wanted to stay in Bayern - city would save face - if not Manuel would get a nice pay out -'win win' to say I am excited about this is an understatement - I have wanted this for years - the greatest manager in the world and he is ours.

As I've said in previous threads. I'm convinced otemendi, sterling and KDB were pep targets, maybe even mangala too. The ball has been rolling since the other amigos arrived. It's just been a case of getting the infrastructure in place with regards to youth and scouting system. Pep was always coming, but not until the club was geared up to run as it is now. There's no way he would come until the ship sails like Bayern and Barcelona. Just my opinion tho.

Everyone says that the Pep appointment was made long ago and that pellers was simply a caretaker until his contract with BM expired.
I have no doubt that KDB joined because he was informed that Pep would be our manager.
Surely then, all our recent transfers would have come after a quick word with him. There'd be no point in signing a player on a 5 year contract if Pep didn't rate him and would have to put up with him for at least 3 years.
So was he consulted over the mangala, otamendi or bony transfers?
Either the decision to appoint Pep was a lot more recent than everyone thinks or he actually rates those players.

I was told on good authority at the Wigan cup final in 2013, he had been wanted to replace Mancini when we looked to have lost the league in 2012 but we know what happened on 93:20 !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.