first gigs

I used to go to the Hulme Hippodrome on a Tuesday night in 67/68 to see them record "Pop North" for Radio 1

I saw people like The Move, The Small Faces and The Kinks play their latest singles

My first proper gig was Led Zeppelin in October 1968 at Manchester College of Technology

Last edited:
I used to go to the Hulme Hippodrome on a Tuesday night in 67/68 to see them record "Pop North" for Radio 1

I saw people like The Move, The Small Faces and The Kinks play their latest singles

My first proper gig was The Move in August 1970 with both Roy Wood and Jeff Lynne in the line up

Next would have been Fairport Convention and then my first Who gig

Not quite in the same league but I wagged school to see them record, I think it was called '45', for tv in Merseyway Stockport, it featured Paper Lace, Guys & Dolls and Sacha Distel, Winter of 74 I think, pissed down all afternoon, which was quite appropriate for Sacha.

First proper gig was to see Rod the Mod at the Apollo, probably around 76/77.

I was 32 before I was dragged to my first gig,never really appealed to me really,liked listening to music,but going to a gig was not on the list of my priorities,I'd go to football anywhere like,but anyway it was UB40 at the M.E.N arena 2003,and it was good,13 years later,last month I went to see The Specials in Blackpool,which really surprised me how good it was,and I'm going to see Madness next month at the M.E.N again,which should be a good night as well,hopefully

Elton John in 1979 at the Gaumont in Southampton. Once I realised I could get in this was followed that year by Roxy Music, Gary Numan and then The Police.

My Dad used to take me to a Jazz club called The Concorde during this time so it might have been someone there as well.

I was 32 before I was dragged to my first gig,never really appealed to me really,liked listening to music,but going to a gig was not on the list of my priorities,I'd go to football anywhere like,but anyway it was UB40 at the M.E.N arena 2003,and it was good,13 years later,last month I went to see The Specials in Blackpool,which really surprised me how good it was,and I'm going to see Madness next month at the M.E.N again,which should be a good night as well,hopefully

Seeing Madness this weekend at their House of Fun weekender in Minehead. Been for the last 5 years so it's standard fare, we used to go for them but now it's just an excuse for a weekend away. To be honest they look bored with it all now and they are not the same since Chaz upped and left. Still, Craig Charles is always good to dance to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.