first gigs

The Smiths at The Mayfair Newcastle in March 1984 when I was a student up there. Came away with my own gladiola in my jeans pocket after Morrissey threw a load into the crowd.

It was awesome and still in my top 5 gigs ever.

Buzzcocks supported by Joy Division @ Blackburn King Georges Hall circa 1978 - doesn't get much better than that for 1st gigs?

Madness were my first band I saw at the Apollo about 1983 with the joboxers as support have seen the about 4 times with my kids since great band.
If your going to see them your best bet is get to the gym and get fit for the half hour where they smash it with baggy trousers etc .
Don't want to die dancing :+)

Point taken !! I'll try and get in some shape beforehand

First gig was Half Man Half Biscuit, June 1986, International 1
Swiftly followed by the Smiths, Salford University, July 1986. Saw them twice more that year, think the next band I saw was the Ramones at International 2 in late '87, then the Bunnymen / Primitives, Free Trade Hall, early '88.

I will, cheers. Just realised that they are touring with Madness this year. Dec 16th in Manchester if you are interested.
Just to give you a brief idea ,this is one of the times I saw them at the academy at Liverpool ,the stupid bugger dad dancing in the white Benny hat is me.sorry about the quality but they get the crowd going

Seeing Madness this weekend at their House of Fun weekender in Minehead. Been for the last 5 years so it's standard fare, we used to go for them but now it's just an excuse for a weekend away. To be honest they look bored with it all now and they are not the same since Chaz upped and left. Still, Craig Charles is always good to dance to.

Good way to travel,unless you reside in that area ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.