£100m more spending and the World will be Ours

Lordeffingham

In my opinion, if we decided to forget all the speculative deals for unproven european players and spent in the region £80-100m on Vidic and Modric, I believe our jigsaw would not only be complete, but would make us the strongest team, front to back in World football, and at the very least as good, if not better than Barcelona.

Not wanting to big Vidic up, but he is a formidable defender, and considering what he does to cover for Ferdinand, him and Kompany would be almost impregnable.

Modric is very, very similar to Silva and has the same dogged determination, both would provide cover for one another, and could just as easily play together, with Tevez, forming a similar attacking midfield to Barca (Xavi, Inniesta and Messi).

I know some will dissagree, but for a mere £100m more we could get these two, as well as severely weakening the Rags and the Spuds. Both Fergie and Twitcher would probably throw their dummies out, and it would cause mayhem, the Glazers though, I'm sure, would snatch our hand off, lol.

Personally I don't think Vidic is anywhere near as good as Vincent or Kolo. He's just a dirty thug who's looked average at best for the last couple of years. Modric is a very good player but he is too similiar to David Silva and I know for a fact who out of the 2 would be in my starting 11.

Hate Vidic, gets away with murder in my opinion and would get 6 reds a season at our place, Luiz oozes City Class and I would much prefer him alongside Kompany, Modric is quality but would not want him to replace Silva, I don't think we need to buy any more midfielders (would love to see Michael Johnson make it back into the team). Replace Ade and Jo with Lukaku and we will be amazing next year.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Personally I don't think Vidic is anywhere near as good as Vincent or Kolo. He's just a dirty thug who's looked average at best for the last couple of years.

I take it you did not watch the United vs Spurs game the other day then. Vidic was phenomenal.

Vidic is probably the best CB in the world. Kompany has matched his performance levels at times this season but Vidic has proven it over a long time. Just imagine the two of them together though I don't see that as a realistic deal.

alera said:
Modric is not fit to clean Silvas boots. No thanks.

What about if Sliva gets injured. Not neccessarily saying we should spend pots of cash on Modric but I do think we need some cover for Silva. Someone young and creative in the middle of the park.

People might call and say Rio crap but he makes all the difference and that why Vidic looks so good!

I can't believe we are even discussing rag players... do people honestly think they would sell us the best CB in the league at this moment? Fucking deluded

nevilletogoater-in said:
Personally I don't think Vidic is anywhere near as good as Vincent or Kolo. He's just a dirty thug who's looked average at best for the last couple of years. Modric is a very good player but he is too similiar to David Silva and I know for a fact who out of the 2 would be in my starting 11.

What the....? Vidic one of the best CB :s in the world if not the best. Better than Kompany too...and im a city fan...

Modric is also phenomenal, almoste as good as Silva. They are both the same kind of players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.