£35m raul bid

kippax88

£35m raul bid

if this has already been on im sorry.

Manchester City have made a bid to land Real Madrid legend Raul, according to reports in Spain.

Leading daily Marca - who have close ties to Madrid - are claiming that City have made a move to sign the 31-year-old Spanish striker.

Raul is currently contracted to Real until 2011 - but that deal can be extended year on year dependent on how many games he plays during a season.

It is claimed that contact has been made with Raul's agent Gines Carvajal by people working on behalf of City owner Sheikh Mansour.

It also details a potential contract offer which would see Raul handed a four-year deal worth €40million (£35million).

The report states that former Real star Robinho - City's record buy who came from Madrid - has recommended the signing of Raul to the club's owners.

Raul's future had seemed secure at Real, although if former president Florentino Perez returns to power this may change.

Marca claim Perez's likely arrival could see Raul seriously consider leaving the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.

City have been quick to deny a host of claims made by foreign and English press alike in recent months, and it now remains to be seen whether a swift denial will be forthcoming from Eastlands.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_5298100,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 00,00.html</a>

i think he would be a good signing well to put on our bench :)

Re: £35m raul bid

I dont believe a word of it. Anyway it would be a disaster, he's over the hill and would be here for 1 BIG pay-day, we should stay well clear

Sorry but as technically gifted as Raul is, he could never cope with the pace of the premiership! Look at the lack of effect Morientes had at Liverpool and he was younger!

£35m for Raul ??? lol
What next, £20m for Rory Delap ?
No one in their right mind would pay anything like £35m for Raul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.