‘The dream team of every kid’

This reminds me of when Franny Lee brought Canadian schoolboy Terry Dunfield onto the pitch before a first team game.

Made one appearance, last game.of the season v Chelsea a few years later before moving to Bury.

Saw him about 5 years ago in his final season for Toronto v New England Revolution.

Its not necessarily about this young kid and his ability and where it takes him.

Its where his aspiration lies. Across the pond in the US, on every favelas dirt pitch, on every South American beach and city centre space, in Europe in every dark footballing corner of the World everybody "knows our name" and wants to come here, that is what our owner and chairman have built. We should be very proud.

Its not necessarily about this young kid and his ability and where it takes him.

Its where his aspiration lies. Across the pond in the US, on every favelas dirt pitch, on every South American beach and city centre space, in Europe in every dark footballing corner of the World everybody "knows our name" and wants to come here, that is what our owner and chairman have built. We should be very proud.
Yep. Savinho said something similar, his dream was to make it to City. Our rep elsewhere is quite different from the sour lies spread here.
Pep winning everything also has summat to do with it!
I remember when we were a joke and what has happened is not just down to money but also brilliant hard work. People all over the world now admiring us is amazing. We have never sat back and basked in glory. We just keep improving. The North stand developments is proof of that.
Your post should have garnered a million likes!

Last edited:
Yep. Savinho said something similar. Our rep elsewhere is quite different from the sour lies spread here.
In Spain everyone has their hom team, Mad or Barca, then City.

The Spanish kids love our successful football style.

Erling has given us a boost and their interest in Savinio could boost us further.

We are a very popular, growing global club & brand.

Success makes a team attractive, who would have thought? And all this time they made it seem like kids just wanted to play for the rags and the dippers because they "love" them.

If Newcastle play their cards right and replace the dippers as our league rivals and stay in touching distance for the next 10 years, kids all over the world would find the idea of playing for Newcastle attractive also.

No one team is born with "history".

View attachment 125687
View attachment 125688
Seems like only moments ago I was in the main stand at the Britannia Stadium in Stoke with my brothers and other members of my family, when we scored our 5th goal whilst hearing Portsmouth had won, so we've just been relegated to Division III.

Then for some reason I blacked out, only to wake up to read this article in which this kid says, like so many other kids around the world, City are his 'dream team'? That's City, not that lot across town or Real Madrid or Barcelona? Lickle City, from Maine Road? Surely not?!

What's happened?! Have I missed something?! Has my blackout addled my brain? Is it another one of those episodes like whenever I step out of the shower? Has there been yet another rip in the space-time vortex again?!

The Red Cartel and those pesky Europeans won't be happy with that!

City, every little lad's 'dream team'?! Third Division City?! OUR City?! Get out of it..!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.