“City have got no history”

What can we aim for next season apart from trophies?

There's only a few more 'positive' records we can claim such as most consecutive away wins in all comps (think we have 11 from this season, I think Arsenal have the record with 12 but not sure on that), plus most league goals scored at home (Chelsea), most league goals scored away (Liverpool), and best home goal difference (Chelsea) - the latter 3 being in relation to a 38 game season like most of the records I listed in the op. There's also some records in the op that we share and can take outright next season. Apart from that, there's a few 'negative' records we can take in the sense of something not happening e.g. not getting beat, fewest goals being conceded etc. But as it stands, we own the lions share of English football records achieved over the course of a season, not bad for a club with no history. Just goes to show some of the great sides we've had.

National records that City now hold (some from 'The Centurions' season, some from others). As you can see, we hold almost every seasonal record worth having in English football. So much for a club with no history.

Most Points - 100

Most Home Points - 55

Most Away Points - 50

Most Wins - 32

Most Home Wins - 18

Most Away Wins - 16

Most Consecutive League Wins - 18

Most Consecutive Home League Wins -20

Most Consecutive Away League Wins - 11

Most Consecutive Wins (all comps) – 20

Most Consecutive Home Wins (all comps) – 20

Biggest Title Winning Margin - 19

Smallest Title Winning Margin - 0

Most Goals Scored (all comps) - 156

Most Goals Scored at Home (all comps) – 96

Most Goals Scored Away (all comps) - 66

Most League Goals Scored - 106

Best Goal Difference - 79

Best Away Goal Difference - 32

Most 100 goal seasons 7
Most top-flight 100 goal seasons 4 (shared with Wolves)

- Not sure about the smallest title margin. A team won it on goal average a long time ago.

Most 100 goal seasons 7
Most top-flight 100 goal seasons 4 (shared with Wolves)

- Not sure about the smallest title margin. A team won it on goal average a long time ago.

Has to be a shared record I think. Didn't Arsenal win on goal difference over Liverpool with Michael Thomas's famous goal?

Not the closest title in 2011-12 or 1988-89.
In 1923-24 Huddersfield Town won the title on goal average from Cardiff City.
Equal points (59)
Huddersfield Town F=60 A=33 GA=1.818 GD=+27
Cardiff City F=61 A=34 GA=1.794 GD=+27

Last edited:
Has to be a shared record I think. Didn't Arsenal win on goal difference over Liverpool with Michael Thomas's famous goal?

Won on goals scored due to goal difference being the same.

Nobody should forget the service George Graham & Arsenal did for English football that day.

I for one, am eternally grateful (even though I think Wenger has turned into a horrible old twat & made me dislike them )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.