“City Matters” fan committee

PB, a very simple suggestion to enhance the match going experience:

whilst it is a welcome step forward that we now have a new PA system where you can hear what is going on at half time, could you ask the club to turn it down a bit as prior to kick off as the music is completely deafening. It is impossible to conduct a chat with your near neighbours. The lady two seats along from me actually turned her hearing aid off it was so bad!! I know it wont be top of the agenda but it is an easy fix.

Agree entirely. It also drowns out the singing. Most fans give up because they can’t sing loud enough to be heard!!

City Matters is probably make or break in terms of keeping the club as a mainly local / regional supported one (albeit with a national & global fan base) rather than one based on a marketing segment based approach.

Having been a regular match goer since 1962 I have always been proud to be a City supporter even during the lean decades and the success we have experienced since the takeover has been beyond my dreams when we were in the shadows of our neighbours for all that time. However the downside is that increasingly I feel that the club has taken the marketing approach and see older, long term supporters as an obstacle to attracting a younger, higher spending demographic. We get nice words from the chairman at the end of each season about how supporters are at the heart of what the club do but the reality is somewhat different. Increases in seasoncard prices year on year, expensive match day prices for non SC holders, Platinum, 'exciting' new initiatives and the push for more corporate business say the opposite.

If City Matters turns out to be a talking shop in which the club can see what are the best commercial options then I can see the local fan base being further eroded. I would love to see us being the largest in the Manchester / regional area first and foremost.

The atmosphere has been sorted in the last 2 home games without City Matters. We just need to hear that there has been a freeze on season ticket prices (that I know isn’t in the gift of the reps).

I would love City Matters to convince our Club that it is better to not sell a VIP box rather than sell it and guarantee the purchasing agency ten tickets for every away game.

Last edited:
Give it a chance mate. These things sometimes take time to get in gear.
Not really true though.
What is the point of any committee that can't get the basic premise of minutes ffs?
Minuites should be a true reflection of what is said not what the committee agree to put out.

I have been in this environment all my working life any never heard of anything like this.

If they cannot get the basic premise right they should disband this farcical committee now.

Clearly this is just a PR exercise by the club any any elected member should have resigned as soon as the club refused to make public a trueful set on minutes on time.

But then the reps would have had to show priciples and respect for those who elected them, clearly non of the reps had the balls for this as it would mean they loose their privaliged position.

Not really true though.
What is the point of any committee that can't get the basic premise of minutes ffs?
Minuites should be a true reflection of what is said not what the committee agree to put out.

I have been in this environment all my working life any never heard of anything like this.

If they cannot get the basic premise right they should disband this farcical committee now.

Clearly this is just a PR exercise by the club any any elected member should have resigned as soon as the club refused to make public a trueful set on minutes on time.

But then the reps would have had to show priciples and respect for those who elected them, clearly non of the reps had the balls for this as it would mean they loose their privaliged position.

Two of them did so fair play to them but fully agree about the others

Think prestwich blues position is fast becoming untenable.
Re season ticket prices going up.
1 he knows they are going up and should resign on principle as it goes against 100% member wishes.
2 he doesn't know and is in the dark. When he should know as he's supposed to represent us.
My own view being any rise and the season card rep should resign on principle. As they clearly aren't listerning to any member input

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.