“City Matters” fan committee

Yes I get that but aren’t they supposed to be representing every fan ?
I’m not sure how they can do that, without first us all knowing what was going to be discussed so we can make our views known in advance.

I also don’t get the 18-25 year old concerns, where’s the evidence to back up that there’s an issue?
5000 seasoncard holders is less than 1 in 8, and I would say there’s easily that representation at an away game.

I see a fair mix of ages at away games, unless it’s at some godforsaken place on a cold Tuesday night when it does to tend to be the oldstagers, as they have more disposable time as well as income.

I’m not sure how they can do that, without first us all knowing what was going to be discussed so we can make our views known in advance.

I also don’t get the 18-25 year old concerns, where’s the evidence to back up that there’s an issue?
5000 seasoncard holders is less than 1 in 8, and I would say there’s easily that representation at an away game.

I see a fair mix of ages at away games, unless it’s at some godforsaken place on a cold Tuesday night when it does to tend to be the oldstagers, as they have more disposable time as well as income.
The question is how are those young people getting the tickets currently? Some may have the points and I know at least one who will have as he's been going with his father since he was little. But I'd say the majority either get them through the OSC or off people who buy tickets and don't go but get the points. So one thing we're trying to do is stop people buying tickets just for the points so that people further down the list who want to go to away games can do so. As we saw when they introduced ID checks in the CL, the points level for buying a ticket went down significantly. But that still doesn't help younger fans starting out on their own so we felt it was important to do something, however small, to help them, partly because we're trying to cut off a source of tickets that they presumably rely on. We feel, as a group, it's worth trying something like this.

Because if they have little or no points it guarantees a ticket
The Tommy Cook one is interesting and it's only when you get to hear all sides that you see the problems. First of all I don't think we went in with that idea specifically as there's nothing in our own minutes about it. So I guess it came up in conversation at the meeting itself and the club view, iirc, was that the current situation created uncertainty for fans and for TC. We're talking about one plane, maybe 200 people here but if you look at it from TC's view, they put a plane on and 200 people apply. Then maybe only 75 get tickets so it's not worth doing the trip so everyone loses out. From the fans view, if you book TC then don't get a ticket, you've got to make alternative arrangements often at short notice which works out more expensive. So we realise it's not a perfect solution and we talked about it for a long time but in the end it gives all sides some certainty. Also, if we're reducing the demand for tickets by removing points for aways and potentially ID checks, the people who want to go will more than likely get tickets anyway. In the end we're talking a maximum of maybe 100 people that might get a ticket that they might not have got otherwise. They're happy, the club are happy and TC are happy.

Take the tickets off OSC and give them to TC to guarantee a plane but they’ve also got to have reasonable prices. And still try to keep a link to points for TC tickets as it’d be unfair for it to be up for anyone from the getgo.

The problem has been that they've taken 6 weeks to get these minutes out which is pretty poor and we've told them that it's simply unacceptable. So now we've got them to agree an SLA that these will have an 8-calendar day turn-round meaning yesterday's minutes will be public next Friday. That gives us the chance to get feedback before we meet as a committee, without the club, 2 weeks later.

It would also help if the City Matters part of the website was working, as it's supposed to incorporate a feedback mechanism. I think we sent most of the IT staff on a cyber-security course at the Saudi Embassy and they seem to be taking a while.

Lol, the club view eh, When you clearly stipulated in your post it was our view( the fans)

Also, and I'm all for helping the younger ones out, I guess if you're in the 26-30 you'll be pissed off, and then the next age bracket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.