“The work of God”?

Did everyone have to go god bothering at one time.

Must admit I never did..only been in a church about 10 times.
Weddings and funerals that's it for me.
In the 70’s churches had mass on the hour from approx. 9-12pm 4 masses in the Sunday morning and one in the evening and the churches were packed.
As far as I know they only have one now and the churches are empty. Certainly around Dublin anyway.
Catholic institutions dirtied their collective bibs big time in Ireland including the scouting organisation and they haven’t been forgiven for it.

Even a lot of the older generation felt totally let down by what happened. Took the fervour out of a lot of that age group.

Am reviving this thread as I found this by chance the other day and it made me laugh. Dawkins and the other New Atheists actually feature prominently on Religious Studies A Level Religious Studies courses these days, along with the more subtle, sceptical thinkers like David Hume. So I would have used this with my sixth-form classes had I still been teaching the subject.

But anyway, click on the image to enlarge it if it's hard to read.

DZUKx28UQAAPwcF

Last edited:
Am reviving this thread as I found this by chance the other day and it made me laugh. Dawkins and the other New Atheists actually feature prominently on Religious Studies A Level Religious Studies courses these days, along with the more subtle, sceptical thinkers like David Hume. So I would have used this with my sixth-form classes had I still been teaching the subject.

But anyway, click on the image to enlarge it if it's hard to read.

DZUKx28UQAAPwcF
Far more interesting than the current stuff of 'can we spot a frame that demonstrates Rhaeem's arm hair being in an offside position?'...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.