1/2 year report c/w last season

mcfcallo said:
scousemanc said:
No wonder results are deteriorating when you compare the main players' performances this season with last. I would say:

Hart - worse
Zaba - better
Kompany - worse
Kolo - better
Yaya - worse
Barry - par
Silva - worse
Aguero - worse
Tevez - worse
Nasri - better

60% of the "core" players worse than last year. And no real quaiity signed in the summer

and finally:

Mancini - ?
The same Nasri that cost us the derby? The same Hart who put the best individual perfomance ive seen ever against Dortmund

We all have our opinions! Hart's performance against Dortmund was outstanding but generally he is under par. Nasri creates fluidity and the other strikers perform better when he's in

mcfcallo said:
scousemanc said:
No wonder results are deteriorating when you compare the main players' performances this season with last. I would say:

Hart - worse
Zaba - better
Kompany - worse
Kolo - better
Yaya - worse
Barry - par
Silva - worse
Aguero - worse
Tevez - worse
Nasri - better

60% of the "core" players worse than last year. And no real quaiity signed in the summer

and finally:

Mancini - ?
The same Nasri that cost us the derby? The same Hart who put the best individual perfomance ive seen ever against Dortmund

Did you even watch the derby and today's game?

No doubts that we are playing below par this season. What hasn't helped is some of our players were on international duty during our pre-season preparations. It is down to Mancini to find a solution.

Champions2012! said:
mcfcallo said:
scousemanc said:

Hart - worse
Zaba - better
Kompany - worse
Kolo - better
Yaya - worse
Barry - par
Silva - worse
Aguero - worse
Tevez - worse
Nasri - better

and finally:

Mancini - ?

Did you even watch the derby and today's game?
I watch every game?

oakiecokie said:
ban-mcfc said:
it's a team game, pep would turn us into a passing machine.

We are a passing team.Unfortunately the stats show that,but when the majority of successful passes are either sidewards or backwards,then it doesn`t prove too much.

i agree, what i meant is that pep will turn us into a team that passes with conviction.

scousemanc said:

Hart - worse
Zaba - better
Kompany - worse
Kolo - better
Yaya - worse
Barry - par
Silva - worse
Aguero - worse
Tevez - worse
Nasri - better

and finally:

Mancini - ?
How is Joe Hart worse? He's making more high quality saves, he's added throwing down the wings to his game and his kicking is always improving. He's made the odd error. For me, that makes him better overall.

How is Carlos Tévez worse than last season? He missed 35 games last season. He only needs to breath to be better than he was last season.

-- Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:53 pm --

ban-mcfc said:
oakiecokie said:
ban-mcfc said:
it's a team game, pep would turn us into a passing machine.

We are a passing team.Unfortunately the stats show that,but when the majority of successful passes are either sidewards or backwards,then it doesn`t prove too much.

i agree, what i meant is that pep will turn us into a team that passes with conviction.
Will he? Really? Barça were a passing team with conviction before he went became their coach and are still the same after he's left. Spain are also the same and he's never been their coach.

The difference between us and Barça is that they have a team full of quick moving players and we have two or three quick moving players in our whole squad.

Also we have ONE attacking/creative midfielder fit or good enough at the moment (David Silva); Barça have nine.

To me we are not as attacking as last season...

One obvious thing i have noticed is when the other team have a corner, we pull everybody back..

Last season we would leave 3 on the halfway line ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.