1 for the "older" City fans.

TTTCITYBHOY

Team supported
CITY...who else
Any of you remember a player called Matt Gray.
1963-66.

It's just a friend knew him,and when she found out about
my City link,she asked if i'd heard of him.
Looked up the "bible"...97 apps..23 goals is not bad.
Anyone ???

city bought him from third lannark;along with alex harley.-never seen him play;not old enough;but read a book about third lannark;going bust in 1967.-scored most of his goals;in the air with his head.

He scored from the half way line against Scunthorpe at home. I think it was a Boxing Day around 1965, and I think we won 8-1. I was only 11 at the time

Gary James if he comes on the board later will tell you all about Matt Gray, .......Gary is the authority on all things City.

matt gray was an inside forward( attacking midfielder for our younger listeners) watched him play but was only 10 - 11 at the time think he went to south africa

I remember Matt Grey, he was in the team when I first started going along with Roy Cheetham, Stan Horne, Johnny Crossan amongst others.

Can’t really remember him as a striker though, thought in those days it would have been Jimmy Murray and Derek Keven.

Don't think he quite qualifies as a David Silva but he was quite a talented ball playing,goal scoring inside forward as I recall.

I saw him play against Arsenal at Highbury way back in the early 60's - he scored 2 goals in a very unexpected 3-1 away win for City. Might have been their relegation year 62/63 as well. Long time ago for me now !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.