1 thing i noticed about the barnsley match

toure is not a dominating centre half he is more the type who will cover a dunne or onuha and sweep up behind a domminating centre half, good powers of recovery
he is more of a footballing centre half and a little bit more composed on the ball than the likes of dunne, richards, onuha so very much different from what we already have at the club

toure was up against their huge centre forward...odejaii??...and toure not being the biggest didnt go up for some headers

apasrt from that he looked excellent...comfortable on the ball...which is a change from dunne and micah!

I wasn't at Barnsley yesterday, so can't comment, but I would bet my mortgage that Toure PASSED the ball out of defence and didn't just hoof it upfield!!!! I could be wrong though, but I doubt it, and that, my friends is where he will make a huge difference this season.

DJRobb said:
I wasn't at Barnsley yesterday, so can't comment, but I would bet my mortgage that Toure PASSED the ball out of defence and didn't just hoof it upfield!!!! I could be wrong though, but I doubt it, and that, my friends is where he will make a huge difference this season.

he never hoofed it

he passed it long to ade a few times tho!

I thought he looked awesome yesterday, won every header, tackle, any race to the ball and he played it out of defence well. Made one mistake when he slipped but ah well, it was his first game and i was impressed! Much better than seeing dunne there.

Wait till the season starts or he's atleast had a few games before you start moaning about him, it was his first game and a friendly I don't think he was that worried about his performance yesterday just gettin used to the city style. Look at our other options for centre back before you criticise toure, he's class.

That's the trouble with a generation brought up on fast food and fast gratification - no ******* patience

I'm willing to wait and let's see what happens - not on day one but later.

All good things come to them that wait.

Plus there's enough arseholes wanting us to fail without us doing it to ourselves!
this is worth repeating
There are enough arseholes wanting us to fail without us doing it to ourselves ! FFS.

BlueMoonie said:
Im sure some will disagree or say it was his 1st game and he hasnt trained etc i know.

Toure looked a bit headless at times, he did a lot of talking etc but seemed to ball watch a lot in situations where he should have been the player reacting, he did make a few good interceptions etc, but his heading was a bit woefull at times too, im sure as he plays/trains more he will get better but tbh he didnt look much better than dunne if any in that match.

Moan away ...
don't agree with you there mate toure looks a class act and its still early doors would you rather us go into the new season playing tal ben hiam at centre back he didnt have a bad game but that one error gave barnsley thier goal.Just got the sunday papers steve bates, writting for the people seems to think barnsley "gave as good as they got" don't know what game he was at, barnsley couldn't get the ball off us for long periods if we had been a bit more clinical in front of goal instead of trying to walk the ball into the net we'd have reached double figures

i thought Toure looked very good, he added leadership and confidence to our defence

P.S i was there

This muct be a wind up, how anybody can be so impatient is unreal. Toure was class, but goot one you got us this time mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.