10 behind with 10 to go.

malg said:
THFC6061 said:
City have as much chance as Spurs have of winning the Premier League this season.

Which is to say a very slim one at best.
To be perfectly honest THFC I wouldn't even give either of us a slim chance - it's totally out of the question.

The chance is slimmer than MANUre, The Arse and CFC goin' into administration!

Amazingly Chelsea are back in the race according to some. I think sky had them @12/1 us @66/1. How do they come up with that ? I've wanted to believe we could do it but I think the Fulham draw has put paid to that .R/up is still on though.

malg said:
hahahaha....absolutely no fucking way. That performance against Fulham told me exactly why we haven't challenged this season. I just want to be in the CL next season - oh, and win the FA Cup and the Europa Cup!

This!

Gave up all hope with Fulham. Gave up genuine realistic hope Birmingham away. It would take a miracle with ten games left and ten points behind. I'd take third very happily right now. Third and progress as far as possible in the cups. A semi at Wembley is a very real possibility, as should be the case with the Europa League final. Although it gets tough from here on out there are few sides in the world who should best us over a two-legged tie, even with our lack of consistency.

If we swapped places with Barca and they played for us for the rest of the season, they wouldn't win it for us.

OK, so they might get 30 points. But to win it, we'd have to see the rags drop the ball in an unprecedented fashion. (Newcastle might have done so, but the rags never have.) AND we'd have to see Arsenal do the same.

So we have 3 unlikely scenarios that would need to happen:

1. We get 30 points (fuck all chance) X 2. United fall apart (fuck all chance) X 3. Arsenal fall apart (very slim chance)

So using football maths, I make that the square root of fuck all chance, times a very slim chance = less than the square root of fuck all chance.

Chippy_boy said:
If we swapped places with Barca and they played for us for the rest of the season, they wouldn't win it for us.

OK, so they might get 30 points. But to win it, we'd have to see the rags drop the ball in an unprecedented fashion. (Newcastle might have done so, but the rags never have.) AND we'd have to see Arsenal do the same.

So we have 3 unlikely scenarios that would need to happen:

1. We get 30 points (fuck all chance) X 2. United fall apart (fuck all chance) X 3. Arsenal fall apart (very slim chance)

So using football maths, I make that the square root of fuck all chance, times a very slim chance = less than the square root of fuck all chance.
Actually the chances of that happening are quite realistic big tbh, they usually do at this point.

U****d without a decent centre back for a few games should raise our chances a little. I've been expecting their wheels to fall off at some point all season, they've rode their luck. Maybe a defeat to Liverpool will be that last bolt to break free. Being realistic, it is too far out the question now, but it's not impossible. Be optimistic, be positive for fucks sake!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.