10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the game.

As anyone in this thread knows, I've been one of Jack's biggest defenders, so obviously his performance tonight pleased me greatly. I would like to see him do that against a team better than Leeds were tonight (when I see Rodri, Dias and Laporte all going for 40-yard sprints through midfield, I know the other team are playing like shite) but he was absolutely electric in that first half. He had the kind of game where I knew it would be safe to come into this thread afterwards.

He took his goal really well - Meslier's not the best keeper but he stood no chance with a header that powerful. He beat his man countless times on the left side and neatly shuffled the ball around. He got a bit quieter in the second half when De Bruyne, Gundogan and Foden took over, but he still started the moves for goals 4 and 5 just by being more committed than the Leeds defender coming at him, and then he started drifting into the middle (and even replaced Fernandinho at one point) because even at 7-0 he was hunting for the ball.

Couple of times where his decision-making in the penalty area let him down a bit, but overall tonight felt like a special little preview for what we'll see from him when he's at his best. He reminds me a lot of Nasri in the way he keeps possession, recycles the ball, and is basically impossible to dispossess once he gets his body between the ball and the defender. Needs to be more dangerous in front of goal going forward - and the best way to get better at that is by burying his chances, which he did tonight. Well done to him. You can tell the goal was a massive relief for him.

Back from the game.

As anyone in this thread knows, I've been one of Jack's biggest defenders, so obviously his performance tonight pleased me greatly. I would like to see him do that against a team better than Leeds were tonight (when I see Rodri, Dias and Laporte all going for 40-yard sprints through midfield, I know the other team are playing like shite) but he was absolutely electric in that first half. He had the kind of game where I knew it would be safe to come into this thread afterwards.

He took his goal really well - Meslier's not the best keeper but he stood no chance with a header that powerful. He beat his man countless times on the left side and neatly shuffled the ball around. He got a bit quieter in the second half when De Bruyne, Gundogan and Foden took over, but he still started the moves for goals 4 and 5 just by being more committed than the Leeds defender coming at him, and then he started drifting into the middle (and even replaced Fernandinho at one point) because even at 7-0 he was hunting for the ball.

Couple of times where his decision-making in the penalty area let him down a bit, but overall tonight felt like a special little preview for what we'll see from him when he's at his best. He reminds me a lot of Nasri in the way he keeps possession, recycles the ball, and is basically impossible to dispossess once he gets his body between the ball and the defender. Needs to be more dangerous in front of goal going forward - and the best way to get better at that is by burying his chances, which he did tonight. Well done to him. You can tell the goal was a massive relief for him.
But his off the ball workrate creates such spaces for players to have sprints/freedom with the ball.
He's being disciplined by the master and will be an all round better player than the one we bought from villa

Back from the game.

I think that goal alone, will improve his confidence massively. He will play exactly just what he have done before in each and every week, but now with his confidence is higher than before because he can see that his approach is working and as pep say the goal and assist will come to him eventually.

Did everyone complaining here look at all the skills he has? he has everything to reach the heights of KDB with his influence in a game. He just needs to settle into our system and then become consistent day in and day out.

He and Foden have a good connection, interchanging at will.

I wasn’t even sure who played false 9 longer, so fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.