10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s reminding me a lot of Sterling in 15/16 under Pellegrini. He was obviously a Pep signing and MP had no idea how to use him so he just kept getting it, standing the full back up then going backwards of waiting for Kolarov.

Grealish is fearless on the ball and when he’s carrying it. Somebody saying when he stops concentrating on the basics then he’ll thrive is the perfect way to put it. Can’t wait until that happens!

Thought he was ok and good in places today. He worked hard, beat his man often enough, set up some decent chances, and won some free kicks in dangerous areas. Not the best player on the pitch but played his part in an important win. I think more than anyone we'll see his best when we have a striker.

These Comparisons with mahrez, Rodri, cancelo etc need to stop. As someone else said, they're lazy. They're not even comparisons, they're just a different way of saying he needs time for the umpteenth time. Everybody knows.

An actual comparison would be to look at his performances and ask if he's doing anything differently to what we have been getting from sterling on the left for the majority of the last 18 months. It's very similar in my eyes in that it's a very safe, easy ball, buck passing game. Happy to just move it on and let somebody else make something happen. The two wingers in the side have to be impactful for us otherwise we go sideways and often look toothless, has Grealish provided that? Not today.

He’s reminding me a lot of Sterling in 15/16 under Pellegrini. He was obviously a Pep signing and MP had no idea how to use him so he just kept getting it, standing the full back up then going backwards of waiting for Kolarov.

Grealish is fearless on the ball and when he’s carrying it. Somebody saying when he stops concentrating on the basics then he’ll thrive is the perfect way to put it. Can’t wait until that happens!

I know this is absolutely not the point you're making, but Grealish would have loved playing with Kolarov overlapping him constantly. He always had a fullback going wide at Villa to open up more space for him, but neither Cancelo or Zinchenko do that for us and the added congestion in that area of the pitch does Jack no favours

Just another adjustment he has to make here

I think his start to the club has been average to say the least. Not terrible as some people make out but he hasn’t really stood out in any game and his goal/assist output has been poor.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pep has something to do with Grealish playing it safe most of the time and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jack move to central midfield in the future.

Interestingly, if you look at the stats based rankings on whoscored.com, he was our second highest ranked player behind Kev.

His confidence may not be at its highest. He is being over cautious in my view because he is trying very hard to play to play how Pep wants.

He actually had some joy when he went down the outside and put in some good balls. Needs to do that more often. Keep the defender guessing instead of them knowing he will always cut onto his right foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.