10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
his fitness is still not up to the required levels, thats why he is constantly fading as much goes on.
50-60 minutes player.

hope he will deliver more in next few months apart from some good forward runs that dont lead to anything. the jump from Villa to City looks way bigger than he thought.

not sure tho how long we can afford someone in the front three with very low assist+goal stats.
1250 PL minutes, 2 goals, 2 assists.
and 1 goal was in the 5-0 trashing of Arsenal vs 10 men, 1 assist vs 5-0 trashing vs Norwich, both of these in 2nd and 3rd round of PL.
So since September its 1 A, 1 G for PL.

he looks miles away of grabbing games by the neck and winning it for us creating or scoring the decisive goal.

I would try him in KDB's position but pretty sure KDB prefers his position more than any of the front three role.
When you put it like that you have a point! Poor return and again for me he was ok but nothing special. Particularly second half.

If only he could get his confidence sooner, what a player and what a baller..

Next season he will be a superstar, just wait a little bit..

If only he could get his confidence sooner, what a player and what a baller..

Looking forward to that as was lead to believe he was a superstar ....oh well

I will firstly say that he automatically gets a bit more leeway due to playing false 9, everybody who plays there isn't involved enough in the game, not just him.

Having said that, he's doing his best Ferran Torres impression, without the goal threat. He's just there, a few neat and tidy bits of ball retention isn't enough, he currently has no impact on the game. we're still waiting for him to win us a match. Kdb was visibly fucked but was trying to drag the side to a win, foden had a quiet game but still showed enough dangerous moments where he tried to make something happen, jesus when he came on was a threat, I didn't feel like Grealish was ever likely to leave a mark on that game, the longer it went on and the more desperate we got for a goal, the less involved he was. He didn't do a lot wrong but its just another largely safe, forgetful performance.

When the city media team are doing those player season highlights so far videos, Grealish's is either going to be very short or filled with lots of nice poses.

Looking forward to that as was lead to believe he was a superstar ....oh well
I’m not sure he’s ever been touted as a superstar outside Villa Park. He was a mid-table Championship player just five years ago, still a Championship player just three years ago (albeit further up the league) and has spent almost 40% of his career in the Championship.

He made the step up to the Prem very well, but this is another level of a step up altogether.

He needs to gain fitness and intensity to play at this level. It’s relentless at City under Pep and Jack isn’t relentless yet.

Kevin de Bruyne - okay he’s obviously a better player than Grealish will ever be; but he was fucking everywhere that second half today. And Kev needs an ankle op, he’s admitted to suffering the after effects of Covid quite badly, and he’s 30 and had a long list of terrible injuries. Grealish was noticeably not very noticeable in the second half today (after a decent enough first half to be fair). but no injury or Covid with him, he’s 26, in his prime, not had many injuries in his career… but he’s just not at this level of fitness or intensity (including mental intensity) yet.

A long way to go for Jack, he may become an important player for us. Not sure he’ll ever be a superstar though. Let’s keep our feet on the ground and just hope he eventually fits in at our level first and foremost.

Kevin de Bruyne - okay he’s obviously a better player than Grealish will ever be; but he was fucking everywhere that second half today. And Kev needs an ankle op, he’s admitted to suffering the after effects of Covid quite badly, and he’s 30 and had a long list of terrible injuries. Grealish was noticeably not very noticeable in the second half today (after a decent enough first half to be fair). but no injury or Covid with him, he’s 26, in his prime, not had many injuries in his career… but he’s just not at this level of fitness or intensity (including mental intensity) yet.

Grealish was one of the seven players missed FA cup game 2 weeks ago. It was almost certain due to Covid.

FWIW when Grealish plays I notice De Bruyne drops deep a lot, in the way he used to when Silva was still here.

Not so much of a good or bad comment, just an interesting tactical observation.

I’m not sure he’s ever been touted as a superstar outside Villa Park. He was a mid-table Championship player just five years ago, still a Championship player just three years ago (albeit further up the league) and has spent almost 40% of his career in the Championship.

He made the step up to the Prem very well, but this is another level of a step up altogether.

He needs to gain fitness and intensity to play at this level. It’s relentless at City under Pep and Jack isn’t relentless yet.

A long way to go for Jack, he may become an important player for us. Not sure he’ll ever be a superstar though. Let’s keep our feet on the ground and just hope he eventually fits in at our level first and foremost.
Fair comment PS but that's what a Fair few posters were describing Jack as before and when we signed him...hope he can improve and I thought he was better today in the role he played to be honest. Let's see

I really hope you are right and I come back here and hold my hand up and praise him to the high hilt..... it's just I never saw any greatness in him at Villa and the same so far with us. Had he not been English i doubt he'd have been worth anywhere near half what we paid for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.