10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will agree to disagree obviously!

Let's just hope that Pep/Txiki have got it right. They've only got 18 months or so to live with their decision.

They have done pretty well so far with their purchases so despite your concerns or those of the other naysayers, I suspect they're feeling fine about the signing.

I have have more confidence in the management than the opinions of certain posters on BM.

They have done pretty well so far with their purchases so despite your concerns or those of the other naysayers, I suspect they're feeling fine about the signing.

I have have more confidence in the management than the opinions of certain posters on BM.
If you read the old Mahrez and Rodri threads you got a lot of comments about their fees too. Nobody is complaining now.

We will agree to disagree obviously!

Let's just hope that Pep/Txiki have got it right. They've only got 18 months or so to live with their decision.

Just as a matter of interest, do you really think our management team have overpaid for Grealish to the tune of £75m /£70m as you quoted in an earlier post ?

Hopefully you will not be in the running for the DOF in the near future.

Last edited:
Just as a matter of interest, do you really think our management team have overpaid for Grealish to the tune of £75m /£70m as you quoted in an earlier post ?

Hopefully you will not be in the running for the DOF in the near future.
It's easy to spend other people's money. I think we've overpaid for everyone we've signed since Txiki arrived. Some massively.

Football is mad business.

It's easy to spend other people's money. I think we've overpaid for everyone we've signed since Txiki arrived. Some massively.

Football is mad business.
So we've overpaid for everyone since Txixi arrived in your opinion . Do you understand the principle of market forces ?

I assume therfore that you are standing by your claim that City have overspent on Grealish by £70 - £75 million ?

Sounds like you wouldn't have bought any of the players who help to make the team so strong then. And how long do you think Pep, or any decent manager , would have been at the club under your approach ?

Last edited:
This is funny, these comments "give him a year, you said the same about mahrez" etc etc were the same on the Torres thread for an entire year. Then we sold him for profit and the same people said "he never really performed for us, he wasn't good enough".

I get the desire to support the players when they're at the club, but clearly the criticism has legs and you can't just waive it away with lazy comparisons to mahrez that miss the mark, both by the numbers and stylistically.

This is funny, these comments "give him a year, you said the same about mahrez" etc etc were the same on the Torres thread for an entire year. Then we sold him for profit and the same people said "he never really performed for us, he wasn't good enough".

I get the desire to support the players when they're at the club, but clearly the criticism has legs and you can't just waive it away with lazy comparisons to mahrez that miss the mark, both by the numbers and stylistically.
The numbers say he is successful, only the numbers were also decried by those who criticise him as being impossible to believe. We sold Torres because he wanted to return to Spain which is fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.